You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Has anyone heard from MUSC?
Started by chsPTgirl
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
lol good luck. My app was verified very early during the last cycle and I was notified of admission on 1/27. Patience.
D
deleted831349
The deadline was moved up to October 2nd this year as opposed to early November. Considering the deadline was moved up a month, do you suppose MUSC will send out notifications earlier than last cycle?lol good luck. My app was verified very early during the last cycle and I was notified of admission on 1/27. Patience.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Our OT/PT club is hosting a panel with them this week so I am going to ask! I'm really hoping so!The deadline was moved up to October 2nd this year as opposed to early November. Considering the deadline was moved up a month, do you suppose MUSC will send out notifications earlier than last cycle?
Did you find anything out?Our OT/PT club is hosting a panel with them this week so I am going to ask! I'm really hoping so!
I was told January by someone high up in the faculty but the end of November by someone in administrationDid you find anything out?
I was told January by someone high up in the faculty but the end of November by someone in administrationDoes anyone know when MUSC will start sending acceptances/waitlist information?
Same here! First waitlist decision but I'll take it!! Hoping for the best 🙂
I just got an email as well saying Im on an alternate list! Is that what you recevied as well? Good luck!!🙂Same here! First waitlist decision but I'll take it!! Hoping for the best 🙂
same with me! ive heard a TON of people get pulled offSame here! First waitlist decision but I'll take it!! Hoping for the best 🙂
I'm in the same boat!I just got an email as well saying Im on an alternate list! Is that what you recevied as well? Good luck!!🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Or can anyone that also got waitlisted share their stats? So we can compare
University: College of Charleston
Major: Exercise Science
Overall GPA: 3.57
Pre-Req GPA: varies
GRE: 161 V, 157 Q, 4.0 AW
Extra-Curric: Treasurer of PT/OT Club, employed all through college (including over a year at a local hospital and over a year at an outpatient PT clinic)
Volunteer: Fitcatz Aquatic and Motor Therapy Program for children with special needs
Schools Applying: Duke, Emory, MUSC, USC, Armstrong State, High Point, Western Carolina, Elon
Acceptances: Armstrong State
Rejections: USC
Waitlist: MUSC, Duke
Interviews: High Point on 10/27, Armstrong State on 12/8, WCU on 12/15, Emory on 1/19
Yep that's what I received! Here are my stats as well:I just got an email as well saying Im on an alternate list! Is that what you recevied as well? Good luck!!🙂
University: Wake Forest University
Major: Health and Exercise Science (with Psychology minor)
Overall GPA: 3.54
Pre-Req GPA: ~3.4 depending on the program
GRE: 155V 156Q 5.0AW
Extra-Curricular: varsity cheerleader (freshman and sophomore year), tour guide all four years, annual committee member for dance marathon for cancer research, various leadership positions within sorority, worked as a PT tech over the summer
Honors: HES Honors student (includes being a research assistant for a clinical research study and writing an honors thesis), Dean's List 3 out of the past 6 semesters with 2 being both semesters of Junior year
Observation: 260 hours (190 outpatient orthopedics, 70 SNF/Extended-care facility)
Letters of Recommendation: HES professor/academic advisor/HES Honors advisor, HES professor/HES Honors advisor, PT (from outpatient orthopedics), PTA (from outpatient orthopedics)
Applying to: VCU, Radford, ODU, Lynchburg, Duke, Elon, High Point, USC, MUSC, Belmont, Emory, Mercer
Accepted: High Point (11/15), Radford (11/21)
Waitlisted: MUSC (12/12)
Rejected: N/A
Interviews: High Point (10/27), Radford (11/17), Emory (1/12)
When did you hear from Armstrong about your acceptance?
When did you hear from Armstrong about your acceptance?
University: College of Charleston
Major: Exercise Science
Overall GPA: 3.57
Pre-Req GPA: varies
GRE: 161 V, 157 Q, 4.0 AW
Extra-Curric: Treasurer of PT/OT Club, employed all through college (including over a year at a local hospital and over a year at an outpatient PT clinic)
Volunteer: Fitcatz Aquatic and Motor Therapy Program for children with special needs
Schools Applying: Duke, Emory, MUSC, USC, Armstrong State, High Point, Western Carolina, Elon
Acceptances: Armstrong State
Rejections: USC
Waitlist: MUSC, Duke
Interviews: High Point on 10/27, Armstrong State on 12/8, WCU on 12/15, Emory on 1/19
Yeah mine said the exact same thing! I'm 99% sure everyone on the alternate list got the exact same email."Although we are not able to offer you a definite position in the Class of 2021 at this time, your qualifications are very good, and we have placed your name on a list of potential alternates."
Is this what everyone's alternate email said? "very good?"
I interviewed on 12/8 and heard on 12/12When did you hear from Armstrong about your acceptance?
Can anyone that got accepted to MUSC share their stats? Would love to know where I stand in comparison. I received a waitlist email today.
Just got accepted yesterday,
Out-of-state applicant
Cum. GPA: 3.49
Pre-Req/Science: 3.73
GRE: 155 verbal, 160 quant, 4.5
308 observation hours
1000+hours in biomechanics research
4 strong letters of recommendation
Good luck!
Can anyone that got accepted to MUSC share their stats? Would love to know where I stand in comparison. I received a waitlist email today.
University: California Polytechnic State University
Major: Kinesiology
Overall GPA: 3.56
Pre-Req GPA: ~3.5 depending on the program
GRE: 156V 153Q 4.5AW
Extra-Curricular: Gait analysis research, Physical therapy club community liaison, Physical therapy club member, Kinesiology club member, College of math and science club council member, Adaptive sports recreation program leader, Cal Poly Equestrian Team, Health and wellness center volunteer (performed health and strength assessments), volunteer for homeless organization
Observation: ~1260--1000 outpatient hours (general orthopedic), 40 (sports/ orthopedic), 30 equine assisted physical therapy, 40 nursing rehabilitation center, 50 inpatient
Letters of Recommendation: 3 PTs I work with, 1 teacher (biomechanics)
Schools applying: MUSC, University of South Carolina, Mercer, NYU, Columbia, Long Island University, UNLV, Pacific University, Boston University, Elon, Rocky Mountain University
Interviews: Rocky Mountain University (10/13), Mercer (1/20), Elon (2/26), LIU (12/1)
Acceptances: Rocky Mountain University, LIU
University: California Polytechnic State University
Major: Kinesiology
Overall GPA: 3.56
Pre-Req GPA: ~3.5 depending on the program
GRE: 156V 153Q 4.5AW
Extra-Curricular: Gait analysis research, Physical therapy club community liaison, Physical therapy club member, Kinesiology club member, College of math and science club council member, Adaptive sports recreation program leader, Cal Poly Equestrian Team, Health and wellness center volunteer (performed health and strength assessments), volunteer for homeless organization
Observation: ~1260--1000 outpatient hours (general orthopedic), 40 (sports/ orthopedic), 30 equine assisted physical therapy, 40 nursing rehabilitation center, 50 inpatient
Letters of Recommendation: 3 PTs I work with, 1 teacher (biomechanics)
Schools applying: MUSC, University of South Carolina, Mercer, NYU, Columbia, Long Island University, UNLV, Pacific University, Boston University, Elon, Rocky Mountain University
Interviews: Rocky Mountain University (10/13), Mercer (1/20), Elon (2/26), LIU (12/1)
Acceptances: Rocky Mountain University, LIU
were you accepted or waitlisted?
Or can anyone that also got waitlisted share their stats? So we can compare
Major: Exercise Science
Overall GPA: 3.96
Pre-Req GPA: 3.9ish
GRE: 151 V, 154 Q, 5.0 AW
Extra-Curric: 1 year experience working at a hospital, rehab tech job, sorority, three internships involving motor development
Volunteer: mission trips, after school club for elementary schools
Schools Applying: USC, MUSC, Wingate, possibly Campbell or ETSU
Acceptances: N/A
Rejections: N/A
Waitlist: MUSC (12/12), USC (12/6)
Interviews: N/A
were you accepted or waitlisted?
I was waitlisted!
D
deleted831349
Has anyone been pulled off the waitlist?
Accepted today off the waitlist.Has anyone been pulled off the waitlist?
Congratulations! If you don’t mind sharing, what are your stats?Accepted today off the waitlist.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
3.79 Overall, 3.49, 159/163/5.5 about 150 hours in 3 settings.Congratulations! If you don’t mind sharing, what are your stats?
Last edited:
D
deleted831349
Congrats! How long do you have to accept the offer?I got accepted off the waitlist on Thursday!
They asked for an email reply by 2/12 and then I have until 2/19 to pay the deposit. I found out on 2/8.Congrats! How long do you have to accept the offer?
PhysicalTherapyDP
Full Member
For those accepted from the waitlist in past years or anyone in the program currently, do you know the odds of being pulled off MUSC’s waitlist? Or know anything about it at all? The email says we can’t inquire about our position etc and I’m so curious. Any info will help, thanks!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile