Haven't Heard Back From Any Schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

studentofscience

Reaction score
Hi, posting for my SO about not hearing back from schools yet. Applied in late September and have only received one interview invite for GWU, which was conducted late October (no acceptance news from GW also). Schools applied to are: GWU, Drexel, UNE, Chapman, SUNY-Buffalo, Northeastern, and Creighton. Should we be reaching out to these schools and asking for an update on my application, or is this normal to have radio silence? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, posting for my SO about not hearing back from schools yet. Applied in late September and have only received one interview invite for GWU, which was conducted late October (no acceptance news from GW also). Schools applied to are: GWU, Drexel, UNE, Chapman, SUNY-Buffalo, Northeastern, and Creighton. Should we be reaching out to these schools and asking for an update on my application, or is this normal to have radio silence? Thank you!
Unfortunately the timing varies from program to program. Some contact you quickly after the due date, and some wait months. I wish it was more uniform. Some of the programs I applied to are known to not contact anyone until January - March, so it’s possible that the ones you mentioned are like that. It’s worth looking around forums like these to see if anyone else has mentioned hearing back from those specific programs. Obviously if tons of people have been accepted already then that’s not a good sign

To be fair though most of programs I haven’t heard back from yet have at least sent out a courtesy email saying a general time frame of when I can expect to hear. You can always email and ask where they are in the process

EDIT: I should mention that I didn’t apply to any of those schools so I’m only speaking in general. But I did see a post on Reddit maybe 2 days ago about an acceptance from Northeastern, so it seems they have at least begun contacting people

Last edited: