Has anyone heard from Stanford?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

audeo

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I wonder if they have begun to send out secondaries. I haven't heard a single word from them. It is already nearing the end of September and I wonder if I will have enough time left to go through MSTP application to the school. Also, I haven't heard anything from Case Western either. Are they waiting for the verified app before sending out secondaries? I don't know whether my app will be verified at all considering AMCAS swimming for life in hell.

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by audeo:
•I wonder if they have begun to send out secondaries. I haven't heard a single word from them. It is already nearing the end of September and I wonder if I will have enough time left to go through MSTP application to the school. Also, I haven't heard anything from Case Western either. Are they waiting for the verified app before sending out secondaries? I don't know whether my app will be verified at all considering AMCAS swimming for life in hell.•

I don't know about Stanford, as I'm not applying there, but I have heard that they've sent out some rejections, so you may be in good shape if you haven't received one of those! Case Western has an on-line form that they want everyone to fill out -- just go to their website. I received their secondary on 8/21, and I've not been verified yet.

I finally called Stanford this morning because I have heard nothing from them either. They said I they are waiting for "transmission from AMCAS" to begin processing of my application. I said "Do you have many applications?" and she said "No we don't". I neglected to ask follow up questions like "Are you talking about ELECTRONIC transmission? " In which case, they will be waiting forever. I don't even know what transmitted means.Does anyone? According to my AMCAS printout the date AMCAS "transmitted" my app to Stanford was July 20! What in the world is going on??!!! :mad:

Members don't see this ad :)
I went to the Stanford admissions office last week and asked about my file since I haven't heard from them either. She wouldn't check to see if they had received any of my AMCAS info. They are sending out secondaries and rejections now. Also, she told me that they have only received half of the apps from AMCAS so I guess we'll just have to wait and see...

Originally posted by quaileggs:
• I don't even know what transmitted means.Does anyone? According to my AMCAS printout the date AMCAS "transmitted" my app to Stanford was July 20! What in the world is going on??!!! :mad:

Those dates are the dates they transmitted only the fact that you were applying to your schools -- with only VERY preliminary info like name, address & e-mail.

SMW, thanks a lot for mentioning the form on Case Western's web site. I had no idea it was there.

I received the Stanford secondary a month ago (Aug. 18). But, I think I'm one of the lucky few who've been verified, so that probably has something to do with it.

Here's the info from the stanford med admissions site:

"1. The status website that is available to applicants ONLY represents those applications that have been verified, electronically transmitted, and received from AMCAS.

2. If your information is not in our database, we have not yet received your application from AMCAS (electronically transmitted).

3. We are NOT accepting AMCAS paper applications directly from the student.

4. A notification from AMCAS regarding the status of your application's transmittal to the Stanford School of Medicine does NOT necessarily indicate that we have received a verified, electronic transmission of your
AMCAS application. It usually reflects the transmittal of a paper application from AMCAS.

5. The Stanford School of Medicine will not send out Secondary Applications without receiving a complete AMCAS application first."

So, I guess that means that the majority of us, those that haven't been verified, won't be getting secondaries for a while. I hate AMCAS.

Adam