-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Has anyone here auditioned for Kaplan?
Started by lollipop999
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Audition process: 5 minute speech in front of a group and then if they like you there is a callback interview. If the interview goes well, then you come back for a 4-6 week training session in which you may or may not be selected...depending on how well your teach-backs go.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How much does Kaplan pay? ballpark...
Pay is a joke for what you do. I was selected on the spot in the callback interview but declined their repeated offers. It is exploitive labor, pure and simple.
It is definetly not worth doing, when they beg for people you know it is bad
thanks..... those are the kinds of things I wanted to hear
I mean.... it seems like a good thing to do, but I guess after seeing all these negative comments on here one should think about it hard..... thanks for the responces
I mean.... it seems like a good thing to do, but I guess after seeing all these negative comments on here one should think about it hard..... thanks for the responces
Think about it for a second. You are being asked to teach a class of ~15-20 students in three hour stretches, all at a whopping pay of $14/hr (that's what they offer here). And in order to teach, you have to prepare, and they pay you a great $7.50/hr for that. It 's up to you whether you really want something that badly, but for the cost-returns is clearly negative.
Think about it for a second. You are being asked to teach a class of ~15-20 students in three hour stretches, all at a whopping pay of $14/hr (that's what they offer here). And in order to teach, you have to prepare, and they pay you a great $7.50/hr for that. It 's up to you whether you really want something that badly, but for the cost-returns is clearly negative.
thanks, I actually have not heard any numbers put out yet. I was thinking it would be better pay considering we have to go through all the training.... yea i should just spend time hanging out and relaxing before dental school.
Around here they pay 22/hr for DAT teachers...and after you're first full course..its actually really easy the next time around because you already have your lessons prepped. And for prepping I got paid 10/hr...so i thought it was worth it ... I mean as a student what other jobs pay that well?
Around here they pay 22/hr for DAT teachers...and after you're first full course..its actually really easy the next time around because you already have your lessons prepped. And for prepping I got paid 10/hr...so i thought it was worth it ... I mean as a student what other jobs pay that well?
referee jobs do.
👎 They pay you "$20/hr" and min. wage for prep time. So for a typical class that comes out to be about an average of $12-$13 per hour after all of your preparation time. If they really want you, demand higher pay from the get go, that's what I would recommend, otherwise hit the road. There are many tutoring opportunities out there.
Just do it on the fly and charge for prep time. Then that $20 per hour becomes more than that 😀
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 303
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 5K