1. What do you find most helpful? Give us your feedback on the 2019 SDN Member Survey to help further the SDN mission (and win prizes!)
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

has anyone looked into any Post-Bacc programs?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Zhopik, Mar 8, 2007.

1. Zhopik

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    has anyone looked into any Post-Bacc programs? Do dental schools look favorably upon re-applicants who have completed one and have the certificate?

Also, has anyone looked into the Masters in Biomedical Sciences programs? Are they legit? Do dental schools care/does it help when re-applying??

2. Drill2Fill

Drill2Fill DentalStudentWannabe
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    There are a couple of threads recently that have covered this, do a search and your questions will probable be answered. (take a look on the first page, I think there are 2 threads).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Mackchops

Mackchops Toothy grin
    15+ Year Member

Dentist
    Check out the post-bac section of this forum. Everything in it that applies to pre-meds really applies to you as well -- as far as I know, only Tufts offers a program for post-bac pre-dents but you have to be a career-changer -- they don't do remedial.

I was a post-bac and I'll be going to NYU on a scholarship in the fall. Apparently it didn't hurt me. PM me if you have any questions.

Mack