Has anyone seen any Q on microscopy on real DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

orthosm2021

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i dont think i have any more room in my brain for memorizing dat stuff
:l

plz help me out..

Members don't see this ad.

Don't remember seeing that or hear anyone mention that they've seen it. Don't sweat it.

I'm not even sure if there's anything relevant they can ask.

I honestly can't think of a realistic question right now they could ask.

Questions about what to use to see something imo is subject to debate and not all students attend schools with such equipments and wouldn't know what they are.

What do you think they might ask about microscopy?

Members don't see this ad :)
i dont think i have any more room in my brain for memorizing dat stuff
:l

plz help me out..

essentially, you should NEVER put yourself in a vulnerable state.

you should know any and everything that can possibly be on the DAT.

when you start asking OTHER people for help as to what you should study or not, you have the wrong mentality for the exam. focus. study, as above posters said, theres not much to it.

I am assuming the OP was referring to the biology section when asking about the presence of microscopy questions...I have never seen or heard of a microscopy question on the natural sciences at all, I think the only place that you MIGHT see the topic of microscopy would be a passage on it in the reading comp section. Of course you wouldn't need any prior knowledge of microscopy to answer the RC questions.

Essentially there are other topics that are much more worthy to spend your time studying as they are more likely to appear on the real thing!

i can think of tons of questions like:

what is the purpose of the diaphragm in a light microscope.

which of the following is false about the electron microscope: staining, heavy metals, etc etc etc.

if the eyepeace is 10x, and the objective lens has 40x, what is the apparent size of a 5nm object.

whether there are any microscopy questions, on the other hand, is up in the air.

i can think of tons of questions like:

what is the purpose of the diaphragm in a light microscope.

which of the following is false about the electron microscope: staining, heavy metals, etc etc etc.

if the eyepeace is 10x, and the objective lens has 40x, what is the apparent size of a 5nm object

whether there are any microscopy questions, on the other hand, is up in the air.

Im sorry but I feel that it is highly unlikely that you would see a question like this on the DAT (im not saying it could not or has never happended, just really unlikely).