Has anyone taken Physics 1 and Calculus 2 over the summer?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jeremmed77

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am planning on taking physics and calculus this summer. The calculus is a eight week course while the physics is a twelve week course. I got a B in my last calculus class(Fall) so I think I am going to have to review some of the concepts. I will not be working during this (I will be volunteering though).

If you have done this let me know how it went. Any input on this would be great. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
sounds fine to me. I took Phys I and II over one summer.

I am doing I and II this coming summer as well, fast course :). OP I haven't taken calc or phys yet but I don't think it will be a problem as long as you pace yourself accordingly.

I took Physics I and II over one summer with lab and Calc I and II the next summer. I received an A in all courses. I was busy, yes, but I managed.

I took the calc sequence one summer (4 week classes), and it was pretty easy to manage. One summer I took 4 classes, which was a bit too much. As long as you don't have close to 8 hours a day of class, it shouldn't be too bad. I found Physics II and Calc II easier than the first classes (maybe some of the weedout thing in the first ones, but I liked the material)...

Calc 2 is easy if you just work a lot of problems and remember your integration techniques. Physics is really conceptual and you will probably devote most of your time to this.