Has anyone taken the free Kaplan test?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Beagle

Meet BEAGLE
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
The one online---??? Know what I am referring to?
I did it today and did horrible :(
Is this close to the real thing? I am worried because my test is in a week and there is no way I will be able to know EVERYTHING in one week!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Beagle,

Take a deep breath. the one online is very hard, and is the same as either the "free" practice test or the diagnostic one they give in the class. Add at least 3 points to your score. kaplan is notorious for making the first couple of tests harder than the real thing. That is one bad thing about Kaplan, their scores give a misrepresentation of what you will get. Most likely, you will do much better than that. Unless you guessed and got lucky and never reviewed all the answers.

A week before the test, I would just review everything over and over again. marking off everything you know and stuff you know you will forget. and then the night before, relax and focus on the stuff you might forget (formulas, theories, mnemonics (King Philip Came Over For Good Sex = kingdom, phylum, Class, Order, F??,Genus, Species)

Crap like that, you know what i mean.

You will do good, think +++.

DesiDentist

P.S.:How did you do though, in general. Feel free to PM me or write on this thread. I can let you know how I did also when i get home, but i don't have the scores on me though.

Hey thanks desi for making me feel better. I printed out the questions, but don't have answers to them. I think I will look up the answers tonight.
I sent you a PM...
beagle
ps---I have never heard of King Philip Came Over For Good Sex!!!
HAhaha that is funny!
:laugh:

The online test at kaptest.com is a joke! There are several questions that are keyed incorrectly, and the scores are usually not added up correctly due to an error in the database (Kaplan told me they are aware of this).

That test isn't anything like the real test, whereas the ones in the Kaplan book are much more representative of what you should expect on the real exam. Don't underestimate the DAT -- it's a piece of cake and a son of a bitch.