P/F taken in undergrad

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jassi.astros

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took the p/f option for intro bio 1 in the Fall 2020 semester because I got a C+(it was my first semester in college and online school probably wasn’t the best transition lol), and I was wondering if dental schools will accept this, or if I’ll have to unmask it because it is a pre-req. I really don’t want to unmask it because it’ll drop my GPA, and I have taken a few upper level bio courses to prove I can handle the rigor (got A/B+). I would love some input on if it’ll be okay to let the pass/fail stay, or if I’ll have to unmask it.

Thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Most schools will say that classes taken during spring/summer and/or fall of 2020 during that time can be P/F. Most seem to accept online during the timeframe. I switched my Ochem1 lab as P/F and had no issues. You can personally reach out to programs as well to double check.
Hope that helps!

Most schools will say that classes taken during spring/summer and/or fall of 2020 during that time can be P/F. Most seem to accept online during the timeframe. I switched my Ochem1 lab as P/F and had no issues. You can personally reach out to programs as well to double check.
Hope that helps!
Thank you for responding! Just to clarify, for the schools you applied to were okay with your pass/fail in fall 2020, or was the lab course taken in spring?

Thank you for responding! Just to clarify, for the schools you applied to were okay with your pass/fail in fall 2020, or was the lab course taken in spring?
I took it spring of 2020. However I believe most schools allow up to the fall of 2020. You will have to do a little research. You can find the info for that on the school’s prerequisites page, they’ll usually have a note stating which classes are okay to be changed to P/F for which semesters during covid