has anyone that applied to EVMS gotten an interview or accepted yet???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

slptodoc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Right now I'm just hoping they get my application!
I was just wondering if anyone HAD gone there for an interview.....how was it??? what did you think.......or better yet...
did anyone already get accepted???
L :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hey,
I got an interview invite from EVMS like a month ago, but I haven't gone yet -- so unfortunately I can't be of much help! Sorry. But if anyone else has already interviewed there, I would love to hear what the interview was like and how you prepared.
elle :)

elle,
Are you familiar with the area?? If not and you need some pointers, let me know because I live near the school.
Congrats on getting the interview! I hope I'll be so lucky!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey,
I actually would love some information... I have never been to Norfolk. How far do you think EVMS is from Washington, D.C.? I've heard it's like three or four hours... Do you have any hotel recommendations? Is the school pretty easy to find?

And I'm out of state, so while I'm very excited about my interview there, I know the odds aren't in my favor. If you're a VA resident, I think you have a great shot! Good luck. :)

elle,
This is a great area! Beach nearby and
within 4 hrs +/- to DC. It primarily depends upon the traffic. But it's not a bad ride.
As far as hotels go, what price range are you looking at and how important is it to be Very close vs. approx. 25min. away.
I live about 25 minutes away but there are several hotels like Hampton Inn ..... that are nice, comfortable and include breakfast......personnally, I think they're very nice and reasonably priced. It's easy to get from my area to the school. I can give you exact directions depending upon where you decide to stay.
LOT'S of great restaurants too!!!
Let me know and I'll get you some phone numbers and hotels.
If you want, you can reach me at my e-mail address which is on my post.

Amy Beth,
If she needs anything, have her send me an email and I'd be glad to help!
Wish her luck!

Hey slptodoc,
Thanks for the info! I actually am now thinking I'd like to fly to Norfolk from D.C. on a commuter flight, since I'll be doing a lot of driving the week after my interview, and my car has been acting weird. Hopefully I'll be able to stay with a student... of course, I need to find a flight first! I don't think there's a train station nearby, but I figure there should be daily flights. I really should have looked into this sooner...does anyone have airline recommendations or suggestions? I would fly out of Dulles or BWI.
Thanks!!

p.s. Amy Beth, good luck to your friend!

elle,
See if you can fly Southwest or TransAir....
Southwest just started here. I think Trans Air only flies into Newport News which is not far, but you'll have more of a drive.
Amtrak goes into Newport News, but again, it's a little more of a drive.
I used to do it everyday, so it's nothing to me, but it's around 45+ minutes from Norfolk.
The hotels in Chesapeake around Greenbriar are your best bet for decent prices. Downtown is pretty pricy.
L

Congrats on the interviews guys! I'll be interviewing at EVMS on 11/2. Anyone else gonna be there that day?

Just out of curiosity, how soon after you submitted your secondary did you get an interview?
L

Hey,
Thanks for the flight info! I think I found a pretty good flight, and there's an airport shuttle (great for those of us under 25 who can't rent cars yet.) :)
I think there were about two weeks in between my file being complete and getting an interview at EVMS...but I had my secondary sent in August...for other schools it took much longer than that, so I wouldn't really worry about the timeframe since it's only October. :) Just my two cents...hope it helps.
elle

Is EVMS in Norfolk, Virginia? If so, I used to live just down the road in Newport News, very close to Busch Gardens.

I never knew there was a med school so close to there, but, then again, I was in the Army at the time (Ft. Eustis). :)

Jamier2
Yup! It is! (My husband used to be at
USCG Yorktown :) )
EVMS is right on the same campus as
Sentara Norfolk General Hospital
and Children's Hospital of the Kings Daughters.
L

Originally posted by slptodoc:
•Children's Hospital of the Kings Daughters.•

Cool. That's one name I remember, but I don't know why. I wasn't interested in medicine back then, though.

Good luck to all you guys, you'll be in a nice area if you get in. I loved Virginia. :)