Updating on a publication that has been accepted but not actually published yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PatentForamenOvale

Reaction score
Hi!

So a publication I’m one of the authors on just got accepted for publication, but is not yet available online to be cited. I’m hoping to send an update to schools sooner rather than later, but I’m not sure if I should wait until the online version becomes available (I think it will happen in the next month, but that might put my update pretty late in the cycle).

Would it be ok to just say it was accepted and give the journal and article title? Is there anything else I should include? Or should I wait until I can include the citation?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I was in the same boat and literally took a screenshot of the acceptance email and attached it to my update letter LOL. I am not sure if that was stupid or not, but given how late in the cycle it is, I would say a hail mary is not a bad idea, no point in waiting. Also journals can take forever to go from acceptance to online publication, it could be a while before you get that DOI.

Reactions: 2 users