Has QR/PAT gotten harder over the years?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Lolo390

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi Guys!

So I find myself constantly reading old posts and it seems like many people used to agree on the fact that Bootcamp/Destroyer was much harder than the real DAT. However, I have come across recent threads that are actually saying the real DAT was much harder for QR and PAT, specifically.

Does anyone have any recent opinions on this/advice for these sections in particular?!

Anything would be greatly appreciated!!
 
I agree with DMikes. I personally thought PAT was easier on the DAT than on Bootcamp. I'd still strongly recommend BC for PAT so you can quickly solve both easy and hard puzzles. I don't believe that QR was necessarily easier than Bootcamp, but I was definitely pressed for time which caused my to be a little careless.
 
I agree with DMikes. I personally thought PAT was easier on the DAT than on Bootcamp. I'd still strongly recommend BC for PAT so you can quickly solve both easy and hard puzzles. I don't believe that QR was necessarily easier than Bootcamp, but I was definitely pressed for time which caused my to be a little careless.

Thanks! So for all of the "new" QR problems, do you think that BC has the best practice? If theres one thing you would say to know inside and out for that section in particular what would you say it be?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks! So for all of the "new" QR problems, do you think that BC has the best practice? If theres one thing you would say to know inside and out for that section in particular what would you say it be?

Specifically for QR, you need to know the new questions. I had a good 5-7 on my exam, which weren't too hard but if you had never seen them before you might panic. I would also emphasize your algebra skills. My exam didn't have any geometry or trigonometry BUT others have said theres did so I wouldn't neglect either section just in case. My QR score isn't as good as it could have been because I was crunched for time on some problems so I made careless mistakes.
 
Specifically for QR, you need to know the new questions. I had a good 5-7 on my exam, which weren't too hard but if you had never seen them before you might panic. I would also emphasize your algebra skills. My exam didn't have any geometry or trigonometry BUT others have said theres did so I wouldn't neglect either section just in case. My QR score isn't as good as it could have been because I was crunched for time on some problems so I made careless mistakes.
Your QR score is fine, it's the least looked and and your other scores more than make up for it, you scored high where it counts!

Wishing you the best..

Nancy