Has to withdraw two classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

harkkam

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Guys I had serious flu for two weeks and was unable to study for my first exam in both classes and I am way behind and failed miserably in both classes. I asked the professor and he said that my best bet would be to drop the courses and get a W and that they would not be able to do anything.

The two classes Im taking are NOT for my MAJOR and are NOT pre-med courses

1. Phys 145 with calc (You only need phys with algebra for med school)

2. Advanced inorganic chem (thought it would help with MCAT prep...but stupid choice)

I took them to help me boost my knowledge and help tackle the MCATS and what boost my sci gpa. But I was absent for two weeks straight and essentially bombed the test.

I got a 65 on the physics and I got a 40 on the Advanced chem.

There is no shot of a B in either class.

:(

what do i do?

Members don't see this ad.

Guys I had serious flu for two weeks and was unable to study for my first exam in both classes and I am way behind and failed miserably in both classes. I asked the professor and he said that my best bet would be to drop the courses and get a W and that they would not be able to do anything.

The two classes Im taking are NOT for my MAJOR and are NOT pre-med courses

1. Phys 145 with calc (You only need phys with algebra for med school)

2. Advanced inorganic chem (thought it would help with MCAT prep...but stupid choice)

I took them to help me boost my knowledge and help tackle the MCATS and what boost my sci gpa. But I was absent for two weeks straight and essentially bombed the test.

I got a 65 on the physics and I got a 40 on the Advanced chem.

There is no shot of a B in either class.

:(

what do i do?

I would drop them if you already dont have a bunch of Ws. You can explain that better than a couple of Ds..or worse....:D

anyone else got some advice...... :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't think you have any other options but to withdraw or stay in the courses. Are you sure those midterm grades won't be curved at the end of the class? If they are, I think another option might be to drop chem and stay in physics but work your butt off and ace the final. If you think that's a possibility.

Most schools give you an opportunity to discuss a poor semester. If the rest of your semesters are good, they will understand if you had the flu for one of them. Maybe drop one and try to bring your grade up in the other?