Hate Mail

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sushirolls

Topped with salmon, avocado and tobiko
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any one else a lucky recipient of the hate mail from our favorite front organization that loathes Psychiatrists?
This one had quite the loud statement with their mailer.

Members don't see this ad.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
No...never received anything directly from LRH. Any ideas on how they got your contact info?

This mailer was the front organization "citizen community health rights(?)" or something ridiculous like that, to my office address. Per usual, lightening rod against ECT.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, got the ECT mailer today. "Citizens Commission on Human Rights" is their front organization.

hm, I wonder if they pull from medical boards or ABPN somehow.

There is some quantity of morbidity, mortality, and lost years of disability that is rightly laid at the feet of the anti-ECT crowd.

It boils my blood.

Reactions: 6 users
Any one else a lucky recipient of the hate mail from our favorite front organization that loathes Psychiatrists?
This one had quite the loud statement with their mailer.
View it as a badge of honor, you were already on their list of enemies from day 1 of being a psychiatrist but you've been elevated to special status. I think you get a mana bar and your own boss music if they ever see you in the wild

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
There is some quantity of morbidity, mortality, and lost years of disability that is rightly laid at the feet of the anti-ECT crowd.

It boils my blood.
I'm not sure it's Andrew Wakefield bad, but it's awfully close. There is a similar but slightly less intense group that does that same thing to anyone prescribed lithium. They seem to scan any post on reddit and harass doctors prescribing this to save peoples' lives.

I wonder how the feel about ECT for treatment refractory seizures?

Tangentially, I always get a kick out of the idea of that treatment - "Guess what? You've got a fever seizure, and the only prescription is more cow bell seizure!"

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
As I understand it and I'm happy to be corrected, Scientologists don't have a great deal of formal beliefs on medicine outside the very narrow domain of psychiatry, at least in the lower (public) levels. Maybe they would recommend some auditing for the seizures, but I don't think they'd oppose the ECT for them.

From what I understand about scientologists, they are under all circumstances opposed to ECT. In addition, they all sign contracts with their churches (?) that state they are against psychiatry in all forms.

Their stance is that ECT is torture. They do not believe in any application for it.

1716480857057.png

Reactions: 4 users
View it as a badge of honor, you were already on their list of enemies from day 1 of being a psychiatrist but you've been elevated to special status. I think you get a mana bar and your own boss music if they ever see you in the wild
I got u bro

8r6zrs.jpg

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users