Hate the player or hate the game?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hate the player or hate the game?

• Player

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • Game

Votes: 87 64.9%
  • Who cares, I should be studying for my MCAT

Votes: 20 14.9%

• Total voters

Climberak

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think?
Hate the player (thy fellow premed)?
-OR-
Hate the game (the flaming loop we have to go through to get in)?

Members don't see this ad.

It's all a beauty pagent anyway, so I can't blame someone else for rehearsing their "world peace" answer better than I.

Hate the game

Members don't see this ad :)
the players are what makes it competitive to get a seat isn't it?

if no one applied theyll take a str8 C student then no one would hate the game as much?

the players are what makes it competitive to get a seat isn't it?

if no one applied theyll take a str8 C student then no one would hate the game as much?

Are you incapable of typing out 4 extra characters?

No wonder you're going into pharmacy...

are you incapable of being a prick?

No wonder you're a gator.....

What do you guys think?
Hate the player (thy fellow premed)?
-OR-
Hate the game (the flaming loop we have to go through to get in)?

There's no way it could be me ;).

are you incapable of being a prick?

No wonder you're a gator.....

Yes, I'm incapable...

offtopic.gif
290.gif

Members don't see this ad :)

dude, your pre-med years is the perfect time to stop being a jacka$$:mad:, otherwise you'll get your a$$ kicked by your med school classmates, professors, and patients

Oh but, as far as the topic is concerned, just because the "game" sucks doesn't mean you have to moan about it. Just do the best you can.

Some premeds are just douches throwing the word "premed" around at everyone they meet. Some premeds are cool and you might not even realize that they are premed. It has nothing to do with the game.

and what's with people always flying "let's be civil" around on a flag? That's almost saying, "let's be insincere and sacrifice our integrities."

dude, your pre-med years is the perfect time to stop being a jacka$$:mad:, otherwise you'll get your a$$ kicked by your med school classmates, professors, and patients

Yeah, but if you're going to be one, shouldn't you be one while you still can?

You should have learned the conversion factor for a grain of salt in your general chemistry classes. Here, lemme show it to you:
It's 1 The Internet = 1 Grain of Salt.

So let me demonstrate with an example:

(1 An Insult / 1 The Internet) X (1 Just Teasing For Fun / 1 An Insult) X (1 The Internet / 1 Grain of Salt) = 1 Just Teasing For Fun / 1 Grain of Salt.

Can people not take jokes or defend themselves anymore?

You should have learned the conversion factor for a grain of salt in your general chemistry classes. Here, lemme show it to you:
It's 1 The Internet = 1 Grain of Salt.

So let me demonstrate with an example:

(1 An Insult / 1 The Internet) X (1 Just Teasing For Fun / 1 An Insult) X (1 The Internet / 1 Grain of Salt) = 1 Just Teasing For Fun / 1 Grain of Salt.

Can people not take jokes or defend themselves anymore?

I've said it before and I'll say it again: our PC-obsessed world has breeded a generation of *******.

Why can't I hate both?

I've said it before and I'll say it again: our PC-obsessed world has breeded a generation of *******.
wow! :eek: Can you really say it on SDN?!

Watch out for the PC police :scared:

hate the game..
the entire process breeds gunners :thumbdown:

I'm from the era where ****** don't snitch,
You from the era where snitchin' is the ****.
I'm afraid of the future
Y'all respect the one who got shot, I respect the shooter.

OH the irony...

let me guess, you picked "hate the player", lol.

Why can't I hate both?

i agree. the game and the players feed off of each other, although the game may have come first. unfortunately, humility is not bred into the process, which i believe to be the most important character in patient care/medicine.

I love it when posts prove themselves! JOY

And uhhh, definitely the game. The players have to define themselves within the parameters of the game. The game creates the rules and the players follow them.

Revolution in Medicine, anyone? There could easily be one, but too bad the Old Boys Club/Network rules ish. MUTINYYYYYYYYYYYY

OH the irony...

let me guess, you picked "hate the player", lol.

i agree. the game and the players feed off of each other, although the game may have come first. unfortunately, humility is not bred into the process, which i believe to be the most important character in patient care/medicine.

i think arrogance and the sense of entitlement comes through during interviews and in essays. everyone is trying to sell themselves to impress the adcom, but i definitely think there is a fine line applicants walk between selling themselves and bragging (and or embellishing their accomplishments) and adcoms can discern between the two with ease.

and i think having clinical experience (or any type of volunteering) as a necessity is a way to include humility in the process.

i think arrogance and the sense of entitlement comes through during interviews and in essays. everyone is trying to sell themselves to impress the adcom, but i definitely think there is a fine line applicants walk between selling themselves and bragging (and or embellishing their accomplishments) and adcoms can discern between the two with ease.

and i think having clinical experience (or any type of volunteering) as a necessity is a way to include humility in the process.

i definitely agree with the selling part, but i think it's easy to decipher those who are arrogant and those who are not by just looking at the method by which they "sell" themselves.

to play devil's advocate, unfortunately clinical experience/volunteer work doesn't always breed humility. i am sure, for many, it classifies as another check on the the "To Do" list and the internalization process which leads them to humility never occurs.

what you think youre better than me cuz im prepharm and youre premed?
you need to get your head out of your anus NOW because your ego is full of siht.:laugh:

hate da playa fo playin da game., cuz wit out da playa, dey aint no game to be played.

hate the game so much. love thy players. i basicaly am just so sick of being strategic to get into med school

what you think youre better than me cuz im prepharm and youre premed?
you need to get your head out of your anus NOW because your ego is full of siht.:laugh:

Well of course...everyone knows that pre-meds are vastly superior to every other type of life form. It's alright though young one, not everyone has what it takes to be one of us. If you're a good little boy though, I'll try to write somewhat legibly for ya (don't hold you're breath however)

the game...

but some people on this website can be pretty crazy!

Players (current and past) created and maintain the game.

Why hate the game? That's like saying "We don't know how it got there and we don't know what it has to do with us?"...

Well of course...everyone knows that pre-meds are vastly superior to every other type of life form. It's alright though young one, not everyone has what it takes to be one of us. If you're a good little boy though, I'll try to write somewhat legibly for ya (don't hold you're breath however)

... nobody else did, so i had to.

oh, and hi everyone (first post) :) definitely dislike a select (and usually very vocal) few of the players. the game really isn't that bad. i can't offer a better system of selecting for science-capable individuals with enough experience in the healthcare field to know medicine is where they want to be.

put any competitive process anywhere, and there will be people who are only out for themselves. add a financial incentive, and it gets worse. add a prestige incentive, and it gets worse.

you could make the process of becoming a doctor into anything you want - easy, hard, medium. organic chemistry, biology, erotic literature. no matter what the game is, there will always be people who lie, cheat, and steal to get ahead. those are the players to hate, and to avoid becoming.

... besides, if you think the pre-med game is bad, i get this funny feeling like it's only going to get worse... :eek:

Definitely hate the game. It's not our fault med school is so artificially hard to get into that everyone is forced to run all over hell and back doing pointless volunteer activities and fretting over the latest A- debacle.

... nobody else did, so i had to.

oh, and hi everyone (first post) :) definitely dislike a select (and usually very vocal) few of the players. the game really isn't that bad. i can't offer a better system of selecting for science-capable individuals with enough experience in the healthcare field to know medicine is where they want to be.

put any competitive process anywhere, and there will be people who are only out for themselves. add a financial incentive, and it gets worse. add a prestige incentive, and it gets worse.

you could make the process of becoming a doctor into anything you want - easy, hard, medium. organic chemistry, biology, erotic literature. no matter what the game is, there will always be people who lie, cheat, and steal to get ahead. those are the players to hate, and to avoid becoming.

... besides, if you think the pre-med game is bad, i get this funny feeling like it's only going to get worse... :eek:

I really have to think the study of erotic literature would change the tenor of the game significantly...:laugh:

idiot!!!!
congrats you've just become the biggest premed ***** on SDN.