Hater Professor !

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Clar1

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am just looking for honest opinions !
I am a hygiene student , and I have a clinic faculty who hates me for no reason. She is not my clinic instructor, but she is one of the faculty. This instructor NEVER let me do my competencies, everytime I have her in clinic, she makes a mess out of my clinic session, and grades me very poorly for no reason in clinic. Should I go & talk to my clinic instructor, and ask her not to assign me with hater faculty, or I should stay quiet, & lose my chances of competenecies ?

Members don't see this ad.

How will you react when you have a patient that is difficult?

Dentistry is a first and foremost a people business. If you cannot work with difficult people, be they Patients, Workmates, Dentist or Professors, you are going to hate dentistry and likely burnout fast.

Here are some suggestions...
1) Avoid that professor.
2) Talk to other students. Find out what that professor's priorities are. For example that instructor might be a neatness freak and your area is a mess.
3) Talk directly to the professor. Ask them what you can do to improve. (Be brave you can do it!)
4) Suck it up and move forward. Don't let one difficult person shoot you down.
5) Most important!!! Learn form this situation. (Sometimes the worst circumstances make for the best learning.)

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users