Have I been waitlisted or is this a common email sent out for today (first day of acceptance not.s)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Biggytooth

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I applied to a number of dental programs this cycle. Among them was Marquette University. I received an email today saying that quote:

"The Admissions Committee of the Marquette University School of Dentistry has reviewed your application and supporting credentials for the 2019 Freshman class. The Committee has decided to hold making a decision on your application at this time in the process."

Did anyone else applying to Marquette receive this email today? I don't understand whether I am being wait listed or if they just sent this out today because today is the first day that acceptance notifications are sent out to applicants.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I received this too!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,

I applied to a number of dental programs this cycle. Among them was Marquette University. I received an email today saying that quote:

"The Admissions Committee of the Marquette University School of Dentistry has reviewed your application and supporting credentials for the 2019 Freshman class. The Committee has decided to hold making a decision on your application at this time in the process."

Did anyone else applying to Marquette receive this email today? I don't understand whether I am being wait listed or if they just sent this out today because today is the first day that acceptance notifications are sent out to applicants.

Thanks!
it means you have not been rejected and are still under consideration
there will be lots of people turning down their acceptances over the next 4 weeks
hang tight

Reactions: 4 users
I got this email even though I haven’t interviewed at Marquette. Is that the same case for you guys as well?

Reactions: 1 users
I got this email even though I haven’t interviewed at Marquette. Is that the same case for you guys as well?
Ya, no interview with them. It seems to be there way of letting a group of us know they have continued interest in our applications and haven't written us off just yet.

it means you have not been rejected and are still under consideration
there will be lots of people turning down their acceptances over the next 4 weeks
hang tight
I did not get that email yet? So does mean its not a rejection?

I also got this!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Did u get the on hold email by Marquette on Dec 3rd? I did not get that yet and neither I got a rejection email. So what does that supposed to mean?

Members don't see this ad :)
I did not get the on hold and rejection email? Does that mean i will be interviewed?
oh, you haven't been interviewed?
doesn't mean you will be interviewed, but at least you are still under consideration for one

oh, you haven't been interviewed?
doesn't mean you will be interviewed, but at least you are still under consideration for one
there is a tendency for me to get interview invite?

Also just to be clear, this email is not a waitlist notification.

Another possibility is that the email was sent out on December 3rd to inform people who have not yet received an interview from Marquette (perhaps because they applied a bit later, as I did) that they are still under review, that is to say specifically "not rejected". Perhaps Marquette wanted to let people who may have possibly received acceptances from other programs that they were still under consideration for an interview invite and therefore may still be accepted. This would be particularly relevant to an individual whose #1 choice is Marquette but has heard back positively from a less desirable program on December 3rd. This would explain Marquette sending this message out on December 3rd.

Or

I'm overthinking this and fooling myself into thinking I still have a chance :p

Another possibility is that the email was sent out on December 3rd to inform people who have not yet received an interview from Marquette (perhaps because they applied a bit later, as I did) that they are still under review, that is to say specifically "not rejected". Perhaps Marquette wanted to let people who may have possibly received acceptances from other programs that they were still under consideration for an interview invite and therefore may still be accepted. This would be particularly relevant to an individual whose #1 choice is Marquette but has heard back positively from a less desirable program on December 3rd. This would explain Marquette sending this message out on December 3rd.

Or

You are right about what you think it is, check out the prior year threads for Marquette to confirm. This is part of their strategy every year to bolster their application pool in case they need more candidates to fill seats/be alternates.

Or

this is exactly what I said in post #6
and yes, you still have a chance

Hi,

Thanks!
Got this as well. Hoping to hear back from them

You guys have a chance! I received that same hold email on Monday and received an interview invite Friday. My stats are not out of this world (my gpa is quite low), so it's very possible that they're still sending out invites.

You guys have a chance! I received that same hold email on Monday and received an interview invite Friday. My stats are not out of this world (my gpa is quite low), so it's very possible that they're still sending out invites.
Hey that is great news and congratulations! Thanks for throwing us some info and keeping this up to date. In the previous years' threads the post dec interview dates were closer to Feb, did they give you a date, if you don't mind me asking?

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats on the interview! I just hope Friday wasn’t the last day they plan on sending out invites because I didn’t get one

Hey that is great news and congratulations! Thanks for throwing us some info and keeping this up to date. In the previous years' threads the post dec interview dates were closer to Feb, did they give you a date, if you don't mind me asking?

Thank you!
They gave me an option between two dates- Jan 18th and Jan 25th. They also gave me an option of two times on each of those dates- 8:30 AM and 1:30 PM.

That's great news; thanks for letting us know. Good Luck!

Thank you!
They gave me an option between two dates- Jan 18th and Jan 25th. They also gave me an option of two times on each of those dates- 8:30 AM and 1:30 PM.

Congratulations. Best of luck.