Step I Have I screwed myself?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

SoulinNeed

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have 5 weeks left to study, but I just took NBME 12 to see where I'm at. I got a 380, equal to a 202 on Step 1. I'm aiming for a bit over 230 on the real thing. I've gone over first aid and pathoma, but I have only gone through 450 questions on Uworld with an average of 65% thus far. Am I deluding myself in thinking I can get over a 230 at this point? I've been at it for almost 3 weeks, but admittedly, my studying hasn't been going too well.
 
I have 5 weeks left to study, but I just took NBME 12 to see where I'm at. I got a 380, equal to a 202 on Step 1. I'm aiming for a bit over 230 on the real thing. I've gone over first aid and pathoma, but I have only gone through 450 questions on Uworld with an average of 65% thus far. Am I deluding myself in thinking I can get over a 230 at this point? I've been at it for almost 3 weeks, but admittedly, my studying hasn't been going too well.


do another nbme. 65% on uworld should get you ~235 plus/minus 15
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have 5 weeks left to study, but I just took NBME 12 to see where I'm at. I got a 380, equal to a 202 on Step 1. I'm aiming for a bit over 230 on the real thing. I've gone over first aid and pathoma, but I have only gone through 450 questions on Uworld with an average of 65% thus far. Am I deluding myself in thinking I can get over a 230 at this point? I've been at it for almost 3 weeks, but admittedly, my studying hasn't been going too well.

Assuming NBMEs are predictive it is absolutely realistic to hit 230+ in 5 weeks.
 
I'm just fluctuating wildly. Took two Uworld 44 question sections today. I scored a 75% on one, and a 57% on the second (though the average on this one was only 60%). Still have an average Uworld of 65% after doing 709 questions.
 
65% avg should put you well north of 230. Were stressed when you took 12? ran out of time? make a bunch of stupid errors? Based on what you have said, your 202 is a test taking problem, not a knowledge problem if you are shooting for >230. This is coming from someone who had a 64.4999999% avg on UW. Your UW average and NBME do no align with each other.

nb4 uworld is a learning tool not an assessment