Have you ever dated outside your race or religion?

Yes, we lived in Little Rock, AR for one year while doing CityYear. Race is still a huge issue there. We have encountered a little bit of ignorance in Idaho (which is where we are both from), and hardly any while living in Philadelphia now. I would say that Philadelphia does have the most income disparity between classes of any of the places we have lived though, which seems to have a racial correlation.

The race relations in Philly are very tense. It's sad.

It was like night and day compared to Atlanta. People are so friendly to each other there.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Contrary to what is written in the media, race relations are pretty good in the Phoenix area, I am Asian American and my girlfriend is white, although she is part Latina, her father is from Spain, but she is European in appearance. We have very few problems and issues. I find my relationship exciting and fun. I was married to someone of the same race and it was mundane and boring and it all ended with a nasty divorce. I think judging people by their race is a 20th century thing, we got to see people as human beings, and as doctors we see them more as human beings than as white, black, asian, or any particular religion, we are all mortal, we are all human, we are not perfect, and we are certainly not better than one another.

Me and my girlfriend do have similar religious beliefs although we are not very religious but that does not get in the way of our wonderful relationship. I think if there is love, other barriers will not get in the way.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I don't have anything against my own race and religion but I'm not really a religious person and I find it makes me incompatible with most girls with my background. Most of the women I've asked out are white or hispanic although I did have a crush on an african-american woman. So how about you all? What have been your experiences with dating outside of your race or religion?

Are you a fellow brownie?

General compatibility in regard to lifestyle, finances, and how you approach problems are often far more important than anything. Could always find compromise on the religion end, and I never really gave race a second thought.

Reactions: 2 users
Many Asian women do not want to date other Asian men, I know this really well because I am an Asian man, I am also different in that I have a white girlfriend. There is a huge amount of self hate among Asian women its not even funny. I am over 6 feet tall in good shape and other Asian women will still place higher expectations on me than a white male. Its so disgusting. And when I refer to Asians, I am referring to people who have ancestry from East and South Asia. And this is not limited to people living in the US and Europe. In Asia white worship is a big thing.

Racial bias is a big thing but the people who tend to be the most racist in my experience are liberals in big cities who complain there is too much racism. And liberal females are among the most racist people.

Lots of East and South Asian women date white men, but the reverse is harder for a number of reasons, women tend to be more close minded than men in dating outside of their race. I have seen Asian girls with beta white males, balding and fat, but they still get them. For an Asian beta, they wind up alone or someone not on their level. I saw a very fit Indian guy with an obese white lady in the park this morning, I am sure if he was white he would be with someone more attractive.

There was a PUA who said a white guy could literally get away with anything in Japan when it comes to the opposite gender and in most Asian countries, he got called out for his statement, but me being of Japanese origin and being familiar with what Japanese women are like, he is right.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Yup South Asian here.

I'm not very religious either, I'm assuming you're Hindu as well, but I had a horrifically bad experience with an Indian guy and refuse to date any of them again.

My better half is Algerian muslim, you can't even begin to imagine the levels of hilarity/gossip that's caused amongst my aggravating cousins and family members in the homeland

Many Asian women do not want to date other Asian men, I know this really well because I am an Asian man, I am also different in that I have a white girlfriend. There is a huge amount of self hate among Asian women its not even funny. I am over 6 feet tall in good shape and other Asian women will still place higher expectations on me than a white male. Its so disgusting. And when I refer to Asians, I am referring to people who have ancestry from East and South Asia. And this is not limited to people living in the US and Europe. In Asia white worship is a big thing.

Racial bias is a big thing but the people who tend to be the most racist in my experience are liberals in big cities who complain there is too much racism. And liberal females are among the most racist people.

I also notice men are more likely to date someone of another race but women are less likely to do the same, women tend to be more racially biased.

My opinion on people of two different religions marrying is that it can work if the two are agnostic, if they adhere very strictly, religion can become a huge divider.

White worship?! Lol.

I'm not very religious either, I'm assuming you're Hindu as well, but I had a horrifically bad experience with an Indian guy and refuse to date any of them again.

My better half is Algerian muslim, you can't even begin to imagine the levels of hilarity/gossip that's caused amongst my aggravating cousins and family members in the homeland

I'm actually a Pakistani Muslim. I understand your experience but in all seriousness there are ALOT of Muslim guys who are as bad as Indian ones. Don't ever forget it.

BTW are you a ABCD or a FOB?

I'm actually a Pakistani Muslim. I understand your experience but in all seriousness there are ALOT of Muslim guys who are as bad as Indian ones. Don't ever forget it.

BTW are you a ABCD or a FOB?

I was born here.

And I know there are just as many bad Muslim men, that was driven into all our heads by our parents growing up and I went and did exactly the opposite of what they wanted me to do, lol. Thankfully my parents don't care much about the religion of who I marry. Just that they're a professional from a professional family, etc. typical south Asian parent mentality.

I was born here.

And I know there are just as many bad Muslim men, that was driven into all our heads by our parents growing up and I went and did exactly the opposite of what they wanted me to do, lol. Thankfully my parents don't care much about the religion of who I marry. Just that they're a professional from a professional family, etc. typical south Asian parent mentality.

Haha don't worry. I can reassure you it's not only Hindu's who do this. I got a lot of warnings about Hindu girls and their temptations. Hehe

Yes I have. The guy's race isn't a factor to me (although if I am dating inter-racially the guy should be culturally sensitive and hopefully his immediate family doesn't mind him dating outl). I'm more concerned that they nice, smart, funny, understands I'm a busy woman and makes good muffins. :D (fyi, the last part was a joke)

As far as religion, I'm Christian but not really devout, so I might have some compatibility issues with a really religious guy.

Members don't see this ad :)

Lots of East and South Asian women date white men, but the reverse is harder for a number of reasons, women tend to be more close minded than men in dating outside of their race. I have seen Asian girls with beta white males, balding and fat, but they still get them. For an Asian beta, they wind up alone or someone not on their level. I saw a very fit Indian guy with an obese white lady in the park this morning, I am sure if he was white he would be with someone more attractive.

There was a PUA who said a white guy could literally get away with anything in Japan when it comes to the opposite gender and in most Asian countries, he got called out for his statement, but me being of Japanese origin and being familiar with what Japanese women are like, he is right.
"White worship" is definitely not a thing in China nowadays (taking your word on Japan). There's lots of reservations. When I go back and visit, the number 1 question that relatives ask (though in a half joking manner) is "why not settle down with someone from China?" My parents, educated undergrad and med school here in the States, have been open and supportive of my fiance who's Caucasian, but I know beyond a doubt they'd prefer an Asian girl.

Can't say I agree about your point on Asian guys trading down though. Whereas yes, there are way too many stereotypical Asian kids who don't have a shot w/ girls of any race/ethnicity, in my experiences the albeit limited number of Asian male-white female couples have been pretty congruent. In your example case, just b/c the girl is overweight doesn't mean she isn't worth affection. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Most of the world hates America, so if anything don't go touting US heritage to foreign in-laws :D.

Last edited:
"White worship" is definitely not a thing in China nowadays (taking your word on Japan). There's lots of reservations. When I go back and visit, the number 1 question that relatives ask (though in a half joking manner) is "why not settle down with someone from China?" My parents, educated undergrad and med school here in the States, have been open and supportive of my fiance who's Caucasian, but I know beyond a doubt they'd prefer an Asian girl.

Can't say I agree about your point on Asian guys trading down though. Whereas yes, there are way too many stereotypical Asian kids who don't have a shot w/ girls of any race/ethnicity, in my experiences the albeit limited number of Asian male-white female couples have been pretty congruent. In your example case, just b/c the girl is overweight doesn't mean she isn't worth affection. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Most of the world hates America, so if anything don't go touting US heritage to foreign in-laws :D.

I am Japanese American, I know for a fact that East Asian and South Asian women have a preference for white men over their own, and not all white men are American. LOL. Its much easier for a white guy to get a date with fewer credentials in Asia than an Asian guy.

I think your parents want you to marry Asian because you are male, but most Asian females, particularly those in Western countries will prefer to date white men or other races to their own kind, its a fact.

There was this PUA named Julian who claimed a white male could literally get away with anything in Japan when it comes to women, and knowing Japan and the mindset of Japanese women, he is right, but apparently some Asian American feminist found his comments insulting, even though they are true for the most part.

I myself am dating a white woman, and was previously married to a Korean American woman and we wound up divorced.

Last edited:
I am Japanese American, I know for a fact that East Asian and South Asian women have a preference for white men over their own, and not all white men are American. LOL. Its much easier for a white guy to get a date with fewer credentials in Asia than an Asian guy.

I think your parents want you to marry Asian because you are male, but most Asian females, particularly those in Western countries will prefer to date white men or other races to their own kind, its a fact.

There was this PUA named Julian who claimed a white male could literally get away with anything in Japan when it comes to women, and knowing Japan and the mindset of Japanese women, he is right, but apparently some Asian American feminist found his comments insulting, even though they are true for the most part.

I myself am dating a white woman, and was previously married to a Korean American woman and we wound up divorced.

I'm South Asian, and I don't like south asian or "white" men. Does that make me a weirdo outlier in your brilliant theories?

I'm South Asian, and I don't like south asian or "white" men. Does that make me a weirdo outlier in your brilliant theories?

Its a lot easier for a white guy to pick up an Indian or East Asian woman than for an East Asian or an Indian man to pick up a white woman, its a FACT. And its because there is an inherent bias that white men are prized mates. A PUA by the name of Julian, who I believe is Canadian was skewered by an Asian American feminist for claiming that white men could literally get away with anything with Japanese women in Japan, I actually know that Julian is correct, a white guy pretty much can have a big party in Japan, and have an easy time meeting women. Many Western men work as English teachers in Japan and sleep around left and right. South Asian women are similar to East Asian women in being subservient to Western men.

Most East Asian women in America that I meet are yellow on the outside but white on the inside, and most Indian women are brown on the outside and white on the inside. One Indian girl I met from Canada was honest in that she admitted she preferred white guys and did not care for her Indian guys at all, but the ones in America get all offended when you tell the truth.

Last edited:
Its a lot easier for a white guy to pick up an Indian or East Asian woman than for an East Asian or an Indian man to pick up a white woman, its a FACT. And its because there is an inherent bias that white men are prized mates. A PUA by the name of Julian, who I believe is Canadian was skewered by an Asian American feminist for claiming that white men could literally get away with anything with Japanese women in Japan, I actually know that Julian is correct, a white guy pretty much can have a big party in Japan, and have an easy time meeting women. Many Western men work as English teachers in Japan and sleep around left and right. South Asian women are similar to East Asian women in being subservient to Western men.

Most East Asian women in America that I meet are yellow on the outside but white on the inside, and most Indian women are brown on the outside and white on the inside. One Indian girl I met from Canada was honest in that she admitted she preferred white guys and did not care for her Indian guys at all, but the ones in America get all offended when you tell the truth.

I'm not even sure where to start with all the weird racism in this post....

Reactions: 4 users
Don't forget the sexism too!

Ugh.

Most East Asian and South Asian guys living in America are not sexist, they grew up in a Western society, what they do face is racial bias, which is very real against them.

Most East Asian and South Asian guys living in America are not sexist, they grew up in a Western society, what they do face is racial bias, which is very real against them.
Where did I say most Asians were anything? That's what you have been doing. My point is that your comments are sexist. Feel free to act like I'm being racist for calling YOU out though, that doesn't make you look petty at all. :thumbup:

Where did I say most Asians were anything? That's what you have been doing. My point is that your comments are sexist. Feel free to act like I'm being racist for calling YOU out though, that doesn't make you look petty at all. :thumbup:
I was trying to figure out exactly what was going on with all the racism and sexism accusations, but then I realized that I had a poster on ignore. I was like, "damn, there was a little bit earlier on page one, but you guys really aren't letting it go."

Then I made the mistake of clicking show ignored content and all was clear.

Reactions: 3 users

I have no idea what ethnic background you are but there is a huge racial bias against minority men dating white women in America, big time bias, its very common for white men to date Asian women in America, and that is the most common interracial couple. I lived in Europe for a year as an undergraduate and the attitude of Europeans towards interracial dating was more open than Americans, particularly in France, it was much more open minded than the United States.

Most East Asian and South Asian women in America are a bunch of self loathing and full of self hate.

Spending time in Europe and overseas, white American women are nothing special anyway.

I have no idea what ethnic background you are but there is a huge racial bias against minority men dating white women in America, big time bias, its very common for white men to date Asian women in America, and that is the most common interracial couple. I lived in Europe for a year as an undergraduate and the attitude of Europeans towards interracial dating was more open than Americans, particularly in France, it was much more open minded than the United States.

Most East Asian and South Asian women in America are a bunch of self loathing and full of self hate.

Spending time in Europe and overseas, white American women are nothing special anyway.

I am not self loathing and full of self hate!

Don't forget the sexism too!

Ugh.

When I was a student, I lived in Paris during a Semester, I saw a white French guy in punk hair curse out a woman, and I intervened and protected the woman from being assaulted, and I am Asian so you really know jack **** about me.

When I was a student, I lived in Paris during a Semester, I saw a white French guy in punk hair curse out a woman, and I intervened and protected the woman from being assaulted, and I am Asian so you really know jack **** about me.
Right.....

And white people who talked to one black guy on a train when they were 6 can't be racist.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Quoting just for the irony....

Although at this point, either this guy is immensely, immensely socially ******ed or just a troll.. It does sadden me, however, that there is a small cadre of actual men (er, boys) who have similar attitudes in real life. Luckily the only effect of most of them is filling up reddit and such with whining and finger-pointing.

Last edited:
What the hell does this even mean? I'm honestly asking.

You really do not know what that means?? LOL. Its someone of a minority ethnic background that tries to act "white" and sells their own kind out, among East Asians and South Asians you get a lot of them and its way more common among the women than the men.

You really do not know what that means?? LOL. Its someone of a minority ethnic background that tries to act "white" and sells their own kind out, among East Asians and South Asians you get a lot of them and its way more common among the women than the men.
Man,
You must have had horrible luck with ladies. You're literally making these posts criticizing women and saying men can't do well. More specifically (or racially) targeting Asian people saying Asian women want white and Asian guys can't do anything but get with Asian girls. All of which is false and, as others said, is beyond racist and sexist. Especially the Oreo comment about Asian women.

Man,
You must have had horrible luck with ladies. You're literally making these posts criticizing women and saying men can't do well. More specifically (or racially) targeting Asian people saying Asian women want white and Asian guys can't do anything but get with Asian girls. All of which is false and, as others said, is beyond racist and sexist. Especially the Oreo comment about Asian women.

Re-read what I said, I said many Asian women want white men and vice versa, that is why white male asian female couples are so common in America, the bar for Asian men to date outside of our race is higher, I am Asian, I date a white woman, but I am over 6 feet tall and 200 pounds so I am not like the stereotypical beta wimpy Asian guy, I am the kind of guy can kick someone's ass, actually several people's asses. Women like men with high testosterone, and from my size they usually figure out that I have a lot, many Asian men tend to have low T levels. That is the reason why a lot of black men get white women, even if they are real gangster, its the T levels, they can be straight up ghetto and rude and still get the ladies. Women don't like nice guys. This is the same logic that Asian women use when approaching white guys. Taller and well built Asian guys have no problems getting ladies.

Last edited:
Man, I'm just doing everything wrong. S&P tells me all the time.

Dating an Asian male
Dating an Asian male that is not 6' and 200 lbs
Giving zero ****s about dudes that are asswholes, regardless of looks or status.
Not looking for power or money, but personality and values compatibility.

And let's not forget how women have animalistic urges to sleep with guys en masse and therefore are all ******. That was good too.

Reactions: 6 users
Man, I'm just doing everything wrong. S&P tells me all the time.

Dating an Asian male
Dating an Asian male that is not 6' and 200 lbs
Giving zero ****s about dudes that are asswholes, regardless of looks or status.
Not looking for power or money, but personality and values compatibility.

And let's not forget how women have animalistic urges to sleep with guys en masse and therefore are all ******. That was good too.

Humans have been on this planet for nearly a million years, and we really have not changed that much on a biological level, and in many ways we are not that different from apes. I always wondered why in high school the jocks got all the girls, they were big hulking and muscled, but often did not treat girls with any respect, but got them anyway, something deep down biologically was going on, women are attracted to the strongest members of the species. I started lifting weights, put on muscle, and women noticed me, I was already on the tall side.

Most women seem to go for "bad boys", the nice guy thing gets you nowhere.

Humans have been on this planet for nearly a million years, and we really have not changed that much on a biological level, and in many ways we are not that different from apes. I always wondered why in high school the jocks got all the girls, they were big hulking and muscled, but often did not treat girls with any respect, but got them anyway, something deep down biologically was going on, women are attracted to the strongest members of the species. I started lifting weights, put on muscle, and women noticed me, I was already on the tall side.

Most women seem to go for "bad boys", the nice guy thing gets you nowhere.
This is why we shouldn't take the behavior of children as gospel for all human behavior.

The girls I slept with in high school aren't the same girls I'd like to sleep with now because I grew up and I'm looking for different things.

But sure let's act like all women are idiot sluts. That's cool.

Reactions: 1 users
This is why we shouldn't take the behavior of children as gospel for all human behavior.

The girls I slept with in high school aren't the same girls I'd like to sleep with now because I grew up and I'm looking for different things.

But sure let's act like all women are idiot sluts. That's cool.
He just never matured beyond high school so I suspect he is projecting

Women don't like nice guys.
He just never matured beyond high school so I suspect he is projecting
I actually sympathize with him on this point a bit. I mean we all know smart, good women who are with men who don't treat them right. Who have cheated on them, or done them wrong somehow and yet they're still together. I mean Bill Clinton is actually a good example.

I'm not saying we should all be bitter about it but I understand why he thinks the way he does.

I actually sympathize with him on this point a bit. I mean we all know smart, good women who are with men who don't treat them right. Who have cheated on them, or done them wrong somehow and yet they're still together. I mean Bill Clinton is actually a good example.

I'm not saying we should all be bitter about it but I understand why he thinks the way he does.
And we all know smart, good women who are with men who treat them well and love them. We probably know men in both situations too, and everywhere in between. I know I do. So. It sounds like unfounded generalizations based on immaturity and bitterness to me.

I noticed they are not Astrologically compatible either, Hilary is a Scorpio and Bill is a Leo, those two signs are incompatible. The reason they are together is because Hilary needs her husband to keep her career going, I bet if she loses the election next year, which I think she will, they will divorce. They are otherwise a miserable couple.

And its true being a nice guy gets you jack **** with women. Don't compliment women, don't buy them presents and other nice stuff, go to the gym, bulk up and be a man.

Re-read what I said, I said many Asian women want white men and vice versa, that is why white male asian female couples are so common in America, the bar for Asian men to date outside of our race is higher, I am Asian, I date a white woman, but I am over 6 feet tall and 200 pounds so I am not like the stereotypical beta wimpy Asian guy, I am the kind of guy can kick someone's ass, actually several people's asses. Women like men with high testosterone, and from my size they usually figure out that I have a lot, many Asian men tend to have low T levels. That is the reason why a lot of black men get white women, even if they are real gangster, its the T levels, they can be straight up ghetto and rude and still get the ladies. Women don't like nice guys. This is the same logic that Asian women use when approaching white guys. Taller and well built Asian guys have no problems getting ladies.
Oh Jesus. I say that because I wish some prophet could come down and create an SDN account and explain how racist and disrespectful you are being.
You're misinterpreting confidence for whatever logic you use. Yes, women are attracted to a guy who's confident. It doesn't require benching 350+ or flexing abs. It doesn't require condescension or being mean. Women, actually both sex, want a partner who has some degree of confidence. Someone who has accomplished things or is capable of challenges (read- family and kids).
Also, white men wanting Asian women is laughable. Spoiler alert: white men are attracted to Asian, Middle Eastern, African, etc just the same. So stop the stereotype. Yes, Asian women are hot, but they aren't the only "exotic" women.
Your logic is so wrong but it's worse because you perpetuate the stereotype you hate. If I were like yourself, I'd perpetuate my stereotype and marry 15 women while screaming jihad at every building over 20 stories.

So please do everyone a favor and stop bringing down people with your narrow minded logic. There are too many people on here who have more experience in life whom are offended by your remarks.

I noticed they are not Astrologically compatible either, Hilary is a Scorpio and Bill is a Leo, those two signs are incompatible. The reason they are together is because Hilary needs her husband to keep her career going, I bet if she loses the election next year, which I think she will, they will divorce. They are otherwise a miserable couple.

And its true being a nice guy gets you jack **** with women. Don't compliment women, don't buy them presents and other nice stuff, go to the gym, bulk up and be a man.
Oh god. Troll alert. I apologize for putting any effort

My mother is a white girl, grew up Christian and my father is a Muslim Palestinian. For the 15 years that they were married, my mother had converted to Islam just to keep peace in the house. They ultimately ended up with divorce and she swears she will never marry outside of a Christian (if she ever marries again).
Religion plays a huge huge role in life. It dictates which holidays to celebrate, basic morals, and above all, you need to be able to confide in your partner. If you are with a Christian girl, she will want you to go to church and be able to talk about what she learned and cool experiences that she's had. If you aren't a Christian as well, she wont be able to have those conversations because you won't fully understand. And that is just an example, I'm not saying you need to be Christian.
You should be with someone who is on the same level as you religiously.
As for culture, I have no idea. I always have white or middle eastern boys, nothing else ever interested me.

My mother is a white girl, grew up Christian and my father is a Muslim Palestinian. For the 15 years that they were married, my mother had converted to Islam just to keep peace in the house. They ultimately ended up with divorce and she swears she will never marry outside of a Christian (if she ever marries again).
Religion plays a huge huge role in life. It dictates which holidays to celebrate, basic morals, and above all, you need to be able to confide in your partner. If you are with a Christian girl, she will want you to go to church and be able to talk about what she learned and cool experiences that she's had. If you aren't a Christian as well, she wont be able to have those conversations because you won't fully understand. And that is just an example, I'm not saying you need to be Christian.
You should be with someone who is on the same level as you religiously.
As for culture, I have no idea. I always have white or middle eastern boys, nothing else ever interested me.

Just out of curiosity what religion were you raised in?