Have you interviewed at thest places-Please help

Started by Girlpower
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Girlpower

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me about the interview at Brigham and Women's- I heard it is a group interview. How do you prepare for that.

Also does anyone have any insight on interviews at NYU, Columbia, Cornell, Duke or Emory. I know this is a lot but I would appreciate any advice. I am in Southern Cali and will answer what I can about what I have heard from schools down here. Thanks
 
Emory is a standard interview day. You have a big overview of the program, then they give you a tour of 2 of their hospitals, then you have 3 interviews. These are your standard 20 min interviews mostly with faculty (some interviewed with a resident). Then you eat lunch and you are done. There wasn't anything wierd or scary about the interviews. Good luck!
 
Hey there, I interviewed at Emory as well...like the above post, it was very chill. The morning presentation covered most of the standard questions so I just ended up asking a lot of questions about where residents live etc.etc. and research projects. They aren't kidding about wearing comfy shoes though...you tour a lot of stuff.