Exposed podcast… would you still apply to Columbia?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

C564

Reaction score
Just finished listening to the Exposed podcast about the coverup of sexual abuse by Columbia physician Robert Hadden. It sounds like the coverup goes all the way to the top, involving Mary D’Alton, who remains chair of OB/GYN.

Does that make anyone hesitant to apply there? I’m not at that point yet, but idk if I would feel good about going somewhere with a culture that would keep that kind of person in power.

Members don't see this ad.

Just finished listening to the Exposed podcast about the coverup of sexual abuse by Columbia physician Robert Hadden. It sounds like the coverup goes all the way to the top, involving Mary D’Alton, who remains chair of OB/GYN.

Does that make anyone hesitant to apply there? I’m not at that point yet, but idk if I would feel good about going somewhere with a culture that would keep that kind of person in power.

UCLA had a similar situation with James Heaps.
Didn't hurt match rates.

It's bad press for the institution but these places are big enough to withstand the hit on their reputation, which is temporary.

Unfortunately, this same kind of coverup BS goes on in most academic institutions so I would not let THAT affect my fellowship choice. There may be many other valid reasons to stay away from there but I’m biased having spent the first 11 years of my career there

BTW I worked with Bob Hadden 30 years ago and was shocked to hear what he was capable of.

Unfortunately, this same kind of coverup BS goes on in most academic institutions so I would not let THAT affect my fellowship choice. There may be many other valid reasons to stay away from there but I’m biased having spent the first 11 years of my career there

BTW I worked with Bob Hadden 30 years ago and was shocked to hear what he was capable of.

Wow, I just connected the dots on this story. I had worked with Hadden in the OR during my years at CPMC and always found him easy to work with and respectful. What a psychopath.