Have you previously applied to this PT education program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Daniel86155

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
"If you are reapplying to this program, how have you strengthened your application? If you are not reapplying, write "Not Applicable" "

Is this supposed to be an essay or simply a paragraph straight to the point of what you have done?

Here is what I wrote for that section: I applied to the 2017-2018 cycle which was my senior year during college. I understand some schools give points to applicants who have completed all prerequisites at the time of applying. I unfortunately had not completed my anatomy/physiology classes which may have weakened my application. Furthermore, I took the gap year as a time to strengthen my application by taking prerequisite classes to increase my prerequisite GPA. These classes included physics, chemistry, medical terminology, statistics, and anatomy/physiology. I received a 4.0 (A) in all of these classes and took the honors series in chemistry to challenge myself further. My prerequisite GPA should be very competitive as well as my cumulative GPA. In addition, I interned as a medical scribe for a local hospital for a few months to gain exposure to a variety of different emergency patient settings and to increase my understanding of the need of physical therapy for the premature cases.

Members don't see this ad.