Havent heard from 14 schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SwankyLove

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, lets get this out of the way. I applied to 42 schools. Ill wait while you gasp.

And I havent heard from 14 schools. 2 thoughts are running through my mind. (1) Wouldnt it suck for me if I just applied to those 14 schools. i mean 14 isnt on the lower end of number of schools to apply to. So what about those people who apply to JUST 14??

and (2) Is it a bad thing that I havent heard from them?? I mean Im a lil worried, but kinda happy cuz theres still hope. here are the 14 I havent heard from:

hopkins
harvard
tufts
loyola
yale
emory
umich
stanford
columbia
nyu
upen
uci
ucla (im a CA resident)
usc

golly.......

let me know what you think about both those thoughts.
clarissa

Members don't see this ad.

I think most of those are schools that a lot of people haven't heard from; some of them are done interviewing (upenn comes to mind) but I think it's a good sign that you haven't been rejected from Stanford; they did a huge purge around Christmas and New Years.

Harvard is definitely done. Upenn is done also. Columbia -there ia slim chance they are still interviewing but I suspect they are edging towards being done. Yale is still sending out invites. I understand they plan on interviewing through March. I have firsthand knowledge (a prominent figure on the adcom) that Stanford is really, really slow this year. I think they tried to identify the brightest and strongest applicants early enough and have been interviewing those. They are likely to interview through April.

Hope this helps.

Members don't see this ad :)
man, you beat me, I applied to 33 schools, haven't heard back from 7, (they are in your list)... so you're not alone =)

I got a bunch of top tiered school rejections last month and I know some of these have stopped interviewing, but I still haven't a peep from:

Albert Einstein
NY Med
Mt. Sinai
Emory
VCU
St. Louis U.
USC
U Penn
Yale
Drexel
Temple
Chicago Med
Penn State
Albany
Tufts

...And I applied a number of schools, like in the high twenties.

I only applied to 14 schools this year.

Thusfar 3 interviews.

I am still waiting for some on that list too. I'm not getting my hopes up about them.

I'm waiting for six on your list, plus Davis. Complete since Sept/Oct. :eek:

no peep here from 11 schools:
Drexel, Jefferson, Mount Sinai, NYU (i know they're done), Temple, Tufts, UMDNJ - NJMC, University of Colorado, Penn, UVM, Yale
plus a hold at GW
very disheartening.

GuyLaroche said:
Harvard is definitely done. Upenn is done also. Columbia -there ia slim chance they are still interviewing but I suspect they are edging towards being done. Yale is still sending out invites. I understand they plan on interviewing through March. I have firsthand knowledge (a prominent figure on the adcom) that Stanford is really, really slow this year. I think they tried to identify the brightest and strongest applicants early enough and have been interviewing those. They are likely to interview through April.

Hope this helps.

So what...they just wont interview me, but they wont reject me. I imagine I will get a reject letter from those that are done and thats fine. I applied to 42 for a reason, but wouldnt it suck if those just happened to be the ONLY 14 schools u applied to. Im not like the smartest person ever, but I consider myself to be somewhat competitive. I have already interviewed at 11 places including Wash U, Duke, Mayo...etc. Good schools, so Im just thinking it kinda sucks. I also imagined I would at least hear back from all of my schools, but I guess not.

grrr
Clarissa

I have firsthand knowledge (a prominent figure on the adcom) that Stanford is really, really slow this year. I think they tried to identify the brightest and strongest applicants early enough and have been interviewing those. They are likely to interview through April.

Hope this helps.[/QUOTE]

with your first hand knowledge, can you tell me if its true that med school at stanford takes 5 years. I heard that somewhere not sure where and was wondering if its true. hopefully not.

:confused:
clarissa