Haven’t heard from schools???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cxm98

Reaction score
I applied to about 6-7 schools in mid August and the only one I’ve heard back from, I got an interview and an acceptance from. Luckily, it’s one of my top two, but I haven’t heard anything back from any other school, some of which have rolling admissions, or have already started giving out interviews, acceptances, and rejections. I received emails from all of the programs within a few days of submitting saying that they have all of my information, but nothing else. I’m thinking of reaching out to the programs just to kind of see what’s going on..? Thoughts? Also if I do reach out, how exactly do I say this without seeming too pushy or anything?

Members don't see this ad.

Depends on which schools. When are their admissions deadlines? Also, definitely does not look too pushy if you reach out and take initiative to ask if they have received your application and that you are very interested in their program. Odds are, of thousands of applications they will actually appreciate you reaching out.

It's not pushy. You paid for their admissions department to review your application. They are providing a service. It's your responsibility to ensure that they're delivering a timely response.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I applied to about 6-7 schools in mid August and the only one I’ve heard back from, I got an interview and an acceptance from. Luckily, it’s one of my top two, but I haven’t heard anything back from any other school, some of which have rolling admissions, or have already started giving out interviews, acceptances, and rejections. I received emails from all of the programs within a few days of submitting saying that they have all of my information, but nothing else. I’m thinking of reaching out to the programs just to kind of see what’s going on..? Thoughts? Also if I do reach out, how exactly do I say this without seeming too pushy or anything?
I'm in the same boat! (I also think we've applied to similar schools? Philly based right?) I haven't heard back from 2 schools that I feel like I should've by now...

Depends on which schools. When are their admissions deadlines? Also, definitely does not look too pushy if you reach out and take initiative to ask if they have received your application and that you are very interested in their program. Odds are, of thousands of applications they will actually appreciate you reaching out.

Most of the deadlines haven't officially passed, although I know of others who applied later than I did and still heard back first. Do you think I should hold off until the deadline passes next week?

I'm in the same boat! (I also think we've applied to similar schools? Philly based right?) I haven't heard back from 2 schools that I feel like I should've by now...

Yes! Mostly Philly schools, out of those I've been accepted to Drexel and still haven't heard from Temple and Thomas Jefferson (both of which I thought I would've heard at least something by now) and Arcadia (but I'm not expecting to hear from them for another month or so). Have you reached out to either of your schools that you haven't heard back from..?

Reactions: 1 user
Yes! Mostly Philly schools, out of those I've been accepted to Drexel and still haven't heard from Temple and Thomas Jefferson (both of which I thought I would've heard at least something by now) and Arcadia (but I'm not expecting to hear from them for another month or so). Have you reached out to either of your schools that you haven't heard back from..?
I applied back in August and I got accepted to Temple, Arcadia, and have an interview at Thomas Jefferson in November. Maybe it wouldn’t hurt to contact admissions about your application.

I applied back in August and I got accepted to Temple, Arcadia, and have an interview at Thomas Jefferson in November. Maybe it wouldn’t hurt to contact admissions about your application.

Which cohort did you apply to for Arcadia? I originally thought the online one was rolling and residential wasn’t but I’ve heard different things from different people?

I have not heard from any California schools. I have applied to 5 cali schools and besides the email that they have received the application I have not heard anything. Some of the schools deadlines have not passed so I think I am going to wait until then.

This is the most annoying part. The waiting part to see where you will get in and such. I applied to almost 10-13 schools heard back from 3 already stating that I have been denied. But I want to hear back from the others to see what they have to say. It's scary to see how this is such a gamble though. There are people with high GPAs and test scores that get denied and then there are others who like get in with other things that are going for them and there are other applicant who get a shoo in. I really do wonder how they factor these things in.

Reactions: 3 users
Which cohort did you apply to for Arcadia? I originally thought the online one was rolling and residential wasn’t but I’ve heard different things from different people?
I applied to the residential. It’s rolling admissions. I would start next fall if I accept the offer

I also thought Arcadia Online was rolling and residential was not... interesting? I've gotten accepted to Temple so far and have not heard anything from Jefferson, Drexel, or either Arcadia program. I emailed Arcadia to check back in this week and have not heard back yet and plan to do the same for Drexel tomorrow!

I also thought Arcadia Online was rolling and residential was not... interesting? I've gotten accepted to Temple so far and have not heard anything from Jefferson, Drexel, or either Arcadia program. I emailed Arcadia to check back in this week and have not heard back yet and plan to do the same for Drexel tomorrow!

Let me know about Arcadia and Jefferson! When did you apply to Drexel? I’ve heard of quite a few people that waited a while to hear back depending on when they applied!

Members don't see this ad :)
Let me know about Arcadia and Jefferson! When did you apply to Drexel? I’ve heard of quite a few people that waited a while to hear back depending on when they applied!
Will do! I ironically got an email this morning for an interview at Drexel, lol. My application was received and under review September 25th, which isn't too long of a wait considering!

Will do! I ironically got an email this morning for an interview at Drexel, lol. My application was received and under review September 25th, which isn't too long of a wait considering!

Congrats and good luck!

Thank you!! How was their interview? Best of luck to you, too! This is quite an adventure just getting to a program

it was honestly more relaxed than I thought it would be. My biggest advice would be to be honest and genuine tbh. I only got asked one typical “interview” question while the others were more about my shadowing experiences and basically specifically off of the information on my application that they had, so more on the personal side kind of

it was honestly more relaxed than I thought it would be. My biggest advice would be to be honest and genuine tbh. I only got asked one typical “interview” question while the others were more about my shadowing experiences and basically specifically off of the information on my application that they had, so more on the personal side kind of
so helpful, thank you!

I have not heard from any California schools. I have applied to 5 cali schools and besides the email that they have received the application I have not heard anything. Some of the schools deadlines have not passed so I think I am going to wait until then.
I applied to a few (UCSF, Chapman (fall), SDSU, CSULB, and USC) and I haven't heard anything back either, so don't worry! :) Let me know when you hear back- I'm anxiously waiting and checking my email!

I applied to a few (UCSF, Chapman (fall), SDSU, CSULB, and USC) and I haven't heard anything back either, so don't worry! :) Let me know when you hear back- I'm anxiously waiting and checking my email!
I am anxiously checking my email and it is driving me crazy! lol I will definitely let you know when I hear something back. I read on another post that Chapman (fall) will not get back to people until December, so we continue to wait! Good Luck!

I also haven't heard back from the following schools (on top of the CA ones, which are UCSF, Chapman (fall), SDSU, CSULB, and USC):
- Georgia State
- Georgia Southern
- Emory
- University of Washington
- University of Colorado
- Regis University

If anyone hears back from these, I would love to chat with you!

I also haven't heard back from the following schools (on top of the CA ones, which are UCSF, Chapman (fall), SDSU, CSULB, and USC):
- Georgia State
- Georgia Southern
- Emory
- University of Colorado
- Regis University

Ive received an interview invite for Emory! I know UWash doesn’t get back to applicants till February or late janurary so I wouldn’t worry about them yet!

- Georgia State
- Georgia Southern
- Emory
- University of Colorado
- Regis University

UW won’t have anything until February.