Haven't Taken Orgo II Lab yet

Started by dapmp91
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dapmp91

Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys, I haven't taken Orgo II lab yet, and because of time constraint/schedule conflict, it looks like I can take it in Spring 10 and not fall 09. However, I would like to marticulate into an SMP in Fall 10. Is it ok if I take Orgo II lab in the Spring 10 (my last year of college)???
 
Yes, but you should take the MCAT and do well before you apply to SMPs. Which means take it in January; don't wait until April. There are some ochem lab topics on the test, but not enough to seriously affect your score.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes, but you should take the MCAT and do well before you apply to SMPs. Which means take it in January; don't wait until April. There are some ochem lab topics on the test, but not enough to seriously affect your score.

I plan on taking the MCAT this September. When does the postbacc application open? I plan on applying to a variety of schools. My #1 choice is EVMS postbacc. I couldn't find info on when the application cycle opens, because I want to apply for admission for Fall 10. I really want to go to EVMS.
 
SMPs aren't postbac. Postbac means undergrad work after completion of a degree. SMPs are grad study.

Look for apps to open in October or so.