DoubleAxel
New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’m deciding between Haverford College and Santa Clara University and would appreciate advice from current students, alumni, or anyone familiar with pre-med at either school.
My biggest concern is GPA. I know Haverford is known for being collaborative and academically rigorous, but I’m wondering how feasible it is to earn a strong GPA for medical school there.
For context, I’m a solid student, but not someone who was at the very top of my highly competitive high school class. I work hard, use office hours, and do well when I have strong faculty support, but I’m not a “genius” who breezes through classes.
For those who attended Haverford:
For those familiar with Santa Clara:
I’m trying to figure out whether the additional rigor at Haverford is worth it for someone whose goal is medical school.
My biggest concern is GPA. I know Haverford is known for being collaborative and academically rigorous, but I’m wondering how feasible it is to earn a strong GPA for medical school there.
For context, I’m a solid student, but not someone who was at the very top of my highly competitive high school class. I work hard, use office hours, and do well when I have strong faculty support, but I’m not a “genius” who breezes through classes.
For those who attended Haverford:
- How difficult was it to maintain a 3.7+ GPA as a pre-med?
- Did you feel supported by professors and advising?
- Were introductory science courses weed-out classes?
- Looking back, would you choose Haverford again for pre-med?
For those familiar with Santa Clara:
- Do you think the GPA environment is noticeably different?
- How do the pre-med advising and outcomes compare?
I’m trying to figure out whether the additional rigor at Haverford is worth it for someone whose goal is medical school.