Having a baby pre-med

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Pariareeba94

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,
I hope you all are good. I'm going to start my pre-med in February, 2015 at hunter college of cuny most likely. I am very ambitious of becoming a doctor. It's just that one thing worries me a lot.
It's been around 6 months since I got married and I feel I should have a baby. My husband is going to be 32 years old in January and I'll be 21 next year in April. Yes, we do have a little age gap, but I like it 🙂 the problem is .. I think if I have a baby 4 years from now .. Wouldn't that make him a little old at 36 in terms of taking care of a child and health wise. I have heard the child's health depends on the mothers age, but some studies also show that a father mustn't be about a certain age, etc. So, if anyone could advise me.
I don't really have a family network here who'd be easily available to help out.
Thank you.
 
Yeah it's not very bad but I think new studies do know some effects on children ..
What do u think would be the right time to conceive though?