Planning a Wedding

chickensoupdr

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For medical students, residents, and fellows who got married during training, did you invite your co-workers? attendings?
Would appreciate people sharing their stories and experiences.

Members don't see this ad.

For medical students, residents, and fellows who got married during training, did you invite your co-workers? attendings?
I was a med student and invited the small group I was assigned to for intro to clinical medicine and problem based learning sessions. I got pretty close to them over the year leading up to my wedding and they seemed to have a good time at the wedding.

I was a vet student (engaged between 1st - 2nd year, married between 2nd-3rd) but no, I didn’t invite anyone from school. I did invite older coworkers who were part of my journey to vet school. Unless you’re pretty close to certain people (maybe an attending has become a mentor, or you have a really close friend group), I don’t think it’s necessary or even expected.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got married a few weeks ago, at the end of my fourth year of dental school, and invited about 10 of my classmates who I got very close to over the past couple of years :)

I'm not married, but my groupmate got married a month ago. I was invited, and four more people from the group. But have very good relationships and have been pretty close since the first year, so we got invited of course

My husband (current resident) and I got married last year, but it was during a lockdown so we had immediate family only. We are invited to one of his residentmate's wedding this fall.