Having a difficult time using Zanki alongside classes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CloverBale

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
How do you find the corresponding cards that go along with your classes? It seems like Zanki and a bunch of other pre-made decks cut up the categories in rather big chunks like "Biochemistry, neuroanatomy". How can I find the cards specific to what I'm currently learning in class and make that into my own deck?

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't use Zanki but used Brosencephalon and it sounds like a similar set up. This is how I did it: I would just make a "Current test" deck and a "review" deck. Then I would use the browse feature to search the big deck (Zanki in your case) and change cards into my "current test"" deck. Usually after/during watching a lecture at home. Use keywords to find the appropriate cards. Takes more time and thought than just going through them, but it also gives some of the making the cards benefit without actually having to make them. I would also delete out a bunch of the duplicates/redundant material. Then when done with a test move everything to the "review" deck. Might be unnecessary to have them separate since ideally you will be doing all the cards that are due everyday, but I found it more manageable to split them up that way.

Reactions: 2 users
I didn't use Zanki but used Brosencephalon and it sounds like a similar set up. This is how I did it: I would just make a "Current test" deck and a "review" deck. Then I would use the browse feature to search the big deck (Zanki in your case) and change cards into my "current test"" deck. Usually after/during watching a lecture at home. Use keywords to find the appropriate cards. Takes more time and thought than just going through them, but it also gives some of the making the cards benefit without actually having to make them. I would also delete out a bunch of the duplicates/redundant material. Then when done with a test move everything to the "review" deck. Might be unnecessary to have them separate since ideally you will be doing all the cards that are due everyday, but I found it more manageable to split them up that way.
Thank you so much! Yeah I was sort of looking for something like this, but the tags seem so different and convoluted? Also, how do you search tags?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you so much! Yeah I was sort of looking for something like this, but the tags seem so different and convoluted? Also, how do you search tags?

Don't search the tags. Just open up the "Browse" feature and use the search bar at the top. If you click on the deck and then type afterwards you can search specifically in the deck. You kind of have to make up your own key words to try to find the appropriate cards. So search drug names, bug names, the names of conditions, etc. Just try to go through your lectures and see if you can find cards that correlate. Sounds cumbersome but you will get quick with it once you get the hang of it.

Also I will say this might be harder w/ M1 stuff depending on the deck. I didn't use Bro's deck first year and in retrospect it was mainly based on FA and Pathoma so it was M2 heavy anyways. Not sure what the Zanki deck comes from.

Reactions: 1 user
Additionally, there is a list of tags on the right menu in browse. Just scroll past the deck dropdown boxes, and they are listed like so:
upload_2018-8-20_11-1-40.png

upload_2018-8-20_11-1-59.png

They are listed by source, and then there are some farther down with specific topics.