You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Having problems with gross anatomy and fill in the blanks!!!
Started by Eddiebravo
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
My problem pertains to gross anatomy questions and fill in the blank quizes.
anyways, any help will be appriated.
I feel your pain, friend. But it'll be a big help if you told us where you go to school for starters. Most reputable schools have TAs....usually an upperclassamen who are really good at it. Alternately, what I remeber from going to ROSS....My class of about 330 ppl had 34 chiropractors 😱 That's 1:10 ratio. Usually there was at least one per table in the lab. I know ppl on SDN like to crap on DCs, as much as they like to crap on themselves here (it seems)...but....when it comes to gross anatomy>>>> do yourself a huge favor. Just get on the good side of some of these folks. They really know their **** when it comes to gross. Also, go and bug your professor(s). If you show geneune interest, they will almost always go out of their way to get this stuff across to you, and grade you at least with some consideration of that.
Don't let this get to you.
Best of Luck
My problem pertains to gross anatomy questions and fill in the blank quizes.
anyways, any help will be appriated.
Oh MY this is simple, Quit now before you spend too much money, what are you going to do with the USMLE?
Look I do not feel sorry or feel like we need to help students like you, Medicine is serious and if you cannot even remember enough for the Anatomy "Fill in the blank test" then there's no hope for you as a Doctor, at this point you should be able to remember this stuff, what are you going to do with a patient?
Sorry let me open up the book here to see where I should be?
I mean come on here you will not even make it in clinicals with this problem where you get Pimped for info like anatomy
this is not easy, if it was then everyone would do it.
SO after all this rant, my answer is get to the books and netters and study this stuff, it's supposed to be hard work!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I can just imagine your fists pumping into the air when you say this...lol
Oh MY this is simple, Quit now before you spend too much money, what are you going to do with the USMLE?
Look I do not feel sorry or feel like we need to help students like you, Medicine is serious and if you cannot even remember enough for the Anatomy "Fill in the blank test" then there's no hope for you as a Doctor, at this point you should be able to remember this stuff, what are you going to do with a patient?
Sorry let me open up the book here to see where I should be?
I mean come on here you will not even make it in clinicals with this problem where you get Pimped for info like anatomy
this is not easy, if it was then everyone would do it.
SO after all this rant, my answer is get to the books and netters and study this stuff, it's supposed to be hard work!![]()
Wow old pro is a dick.. I don't see the harm in asking for pointers.
thanks for the advice all will take it into consideration.
thanks for the advice all will take it into consideration.
Well, he might be callous, but he is right.
How do you expect do finish med school if you cannot even memorize simple anatomical structures? Medical school is all about fill in the blank.
Stop looking for a shortcut and start studying 12 hours per day.
The lack of hard work (and constant search for a shortcut is why most of us are in the Carib to begin with).
How do you expect do finish med school if you cannot even memorize simple anatomical structures? Medical school is all about fill in the blank.
Stop looking for a shortcut and start studying 12 hours per day.
The lack of hard work (and constant search for a shortcut is why most of us are in the Carib to begin with).
Wow old pro is a dick.. I don't see the harm in asking for pointers.
thanks for the advice all will take it into consideration.
Wow old pro is a dick.. I don't see the harm in asking for pointers.
thanks for the advice all will take it into consideration.
THink what you like but out of all classes in Medical school Anatomy / Stats / Psych are hands down the easiest classes, I'm sorry but I wonder how students like you ( I DO NOT MEAN THIS PERSONALLY PLEASE) get into medical school, did you take the MCAT?
I see harm great harm here, for you to take this personal is wrong, it's not meant to be personal, if you are at a Caribbean medical school then that explains a Lot! I know first hand how a Caribbean school will admit anyone with degree and a pulse and give them a chance, fine I do not disagree with that, but that person must step up to the plate, and to pst on here something so basic as a "Fill in the blank test" MY GOD where have you gone to school?
Have you only MCQ's through Highschool and College, please, I know better, and so should any one at the GRADUATE level, this is not play time this is work time,
Call me what you will but it pisses me off to read these posts sometimes. People should be Graduate Material that enter Medical school or at least understand that is the level and try to step up and do it.
To post something so easy as anatomy fill in the blank what do I do? Man You have to study all the time, thats how, don't go out to have fun, study, every day every hour you can if you have to, when you are in the ER and in CLinicals and have to perform a proceedure you will know the anatomy then
I will freely admit I was able to pull an A in anatomy and freely admit I forgot many things since but that means I will review review review one day I will know most of it one day, but for medschool I sucked it up and study my butt off there is no easy way
USE netters ( if you don't have one get one) Use the netter's CD heck PM me and maybe I can send you a copy?
😎
Yea after step one these posts piss me off now, I never meant to get personal, I just do not understand where these people come from? Never had fill in the blank? Please....................You are supposed to memorize this stuff so MCQ fill in the blank what ever!😕I can just imagine your fists pumping into the air when you say this...lol
Hmm, gross is the easiest class to you? I'm sure it's a breeze to chiro's, PT's, etc., but for many students (and not just Caribbean students), it's a huge challenge to be thrown into such a broad subject. I think the OP was just asking for some tips on how others study.
If that's the case, check out the Allopathic forum. There's a thread about a student who failed their first anatomy exam, and there is plenty of good advice in there. There's another thread about someone struggling with anatomy as well, so there should be a wealth of info in there as well.
If that's the case, check out the Allopathic forum. There's a thread about a student who failed their first anatomy exam, and there is plenty of good advice in there. There's another thread about someone struggling with anatomy as well, so there should be a wealth of info in there as well.
Hmm, gross is the easiest class to you? I'm sure it's a breeze to chiro's, PT's, etc., but for many students (and not just Caribbean students), it's a huge challenge to be thrown into such a broad subject. I think the OP was just asking for some tips on how others study.
If that's the case, check out the Allopathic forum. There's a thread about a student who failed their first anatomy exam, and there is plenty of good advice in there. There's another thread about someone struggling with anatomy as well, so there should be a wealth of info in there as well.
Well lets take Biochem, mechanisms and some questionable answers,
Path disease Process, a lot of understanding
Physio again processes and understanding
Anatomy is a little understanding but almost 97% memorization and in areas, like Upper limb and lower limb, abdomen ect. There is little to understand but pure memorization, you must learn to visualize the structures as they are in the body, I know at this level you do not understand this yet, but this is why we tell you medical school is different then undergrad, we tell you that because you take Anatomy and Physio in undergrad it does not mean you have taken the same course or that you can ace this one, I know I did both and did worse in undergrad then medschool (I worked my butt off in medschool)
The way it is taught you then be expected to look at a CT at different angles and recognize the layers of anatomy and say "yea it looks wrong" and then decide what it may be.
Back to the original Poster, I want to say maybe I'm a little too harsh and I'm sorry I just hate to see people get into medical school and then keep the same attitude "How can this be easier?" it will not be, but there are ways to study well and I can appreciate that!
Good Luck.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 1K
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 2K