1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Having timing problems....

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by SisterDisco08, Aug 1, 2011.

1. SisterDisco08

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Any suggestions? No matter what I've tried I can't seem to go fast enough to finish the sections. Content-wise I know I'm prepared, and I have consistently scored mid-thirties by abusing the stupid pause button.

It's not as big of a problem with the bio section, it's a little problem with the physics (if they ask a lot of calculations), and it's always a problem for verbal :/

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. SN2ed

Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    There's no real trick, just practice, practice, practice. Hopefully you still have a long time before your MCAT because you've put yourself behind.

Also, it sounds like you've never actually taken timed practice passages. You should ALWAYS take your passages under strict timing conditions. Do NOT cheat by pressing pause. The only thing you're doing is hurting your chances later on. You can't do that on the MCAT, don't do it now.

Additionally, your content might not be as solid as you think. When you don't know the content that well, you'll typically use up more time working through a problem.