HCP Class-Specific Questions for the Old Fogies

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

BeachBlondie

Put some tussin on it!
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, guys!

My own HCP career is drawing to a close here, but I'm asking for your opinions on behalf of a co-worker that is about to begin the gauntlet at Harvard. I only have experience with the core classes, so anyone who can help with these auxiliary courses would be muchly appreciated!

Has anyone taken:

A&P?
Neuro-Bio?
Stats?
Epidemiology?
Genetics?

Summer Gen Chem?

Your input, as always, is invaluable!
 
Hi, guys!

My own HCP career is drawing to a close here, but I'm asking for your opinions on behalf of a co-worker that is about to begin the gauntlet at Harvard. I only have experience with the core classes, so anyone who can help with these auxiliary courses would be muchly appreciated!

Has anyone taken:

A&P?
Neuro-Bio?
Stats?
Epidemiology?
Genetics?

Summer Gen Chem?

Your input, as always, is invaluable!

Friend from work is a nursing student that completed some pre-reqs at HES. He loved A&P. There are weekly quizzes that help keep you focused and disciplined and he praised the instructors teaching style and passion for the course.

Gen Chem - while I only took half of the year long cycle, I find Tucci to be an absolute joy to learn from. Easily one of the best professors I've ever had, if not the best (seriously).
 
Thank you! I'll let her know. I took all of the year-long pre-reqs, so as far as Gen Chem is concerned, I was specifically asking about the summer course (which she's heavily considering).
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, guys!

My own HCP career is drawing to a close here, but I'm asking for your opinions on behalf of a co-worker that is about to begin the gauntlet at Harvard. I only have experience with the core classes, so anyone who can help with these auxiliary courses would be muchly appreciated!

Has anyone taken:

A&P?
Neuro-Bio?
Stats?
Epidemiology?
Genetics?

Summer Gen Chem?

Your input, as always, is invaluable!

I'm interested to hear about Stats; I've not found anyone who has taken it. Also heard delightful things about A&P and also the AIDS course. Summer Gen Chem is Tucci and how can you go wrong with a little 2C?
 
I'm interested to hear about Stats; I've not found anyone who has taken it. Also heard delightful things about A&P and also the AIDS course. Summer Gen Chem is Tucci and how can you go wrong with a little 2C?

I used to send him chemistry jokes. Guy is a riot!