Head and Neck Anatomy Texts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BSSO

THE PULPINATOR
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just was wondering what OMS residents recommend for Head and Neck Anatomy Texts for those starting residency, and other recommended texts.

Members don't see this ad.

No OMS here, but my general thoughts are: Netter BOO :thumbdown: Grant's YEAH :thumbup:

predentchick said:
No OMS here, but my general thoughts are: Netter BOO :thumbdown: Grant's YEAH :thumbup:
Netter is great for a simple atlas. However, I think the gist of this question is head and neck anatomy as it relates to surgery. Check this out.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ellis wrote a book called surgical approaches to the head and neck which is da bomb-diggity for knowing the anatomy you'll see in a surgery.

But it's out of print.

sorry.

If you just go over your old Head and neck notes that will usually suffice, I'm sure your bright and will be able to relate it to surgery. Don't worry, have fun the last part of dental school. because its all up hill from there.

north2southOMFS said:
Ellis wrote a book called surgical approaches to the head and neck which is da bomb-diggity for knowing the anatomy you'll see in a surgery.

But it's out of print.
He's working on a new edition right now that includes rhinoplasty approaches, weber-ferguson, stuff like that. I took the pictures for his open rhinoplasty in the OR, and I'm sure my name will be included in the credits (yeah, right...).

It will be at least a year before the new edition is out.