Head and neck fellowship with microvascular reconstruction

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jamaicacarioca

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How competitive are head and neck fellowships with microvascular reconstruction for foreign trained otolaryngologists?

Members don't see this ad.

It depends on what you're looking for. Most are academic, but a few (including ours) is community-based with an academic. I trained with Yadro Ducic in Fort Worth which is probably one the busiest head and neck onc/recon fellowships in the nation. My newly inaugurated fellowship in Dallas is a facial plastic and micro fellowship with additional facial trauma training. See insta @PlanoFaceDoc and @DallasFaceDoc

Masoud Saman, MD, FACS

It depends on what you're looking for. Most are academic, but a few (including ours) is community-based with an academic. I trained with Yadro Ducic in Fort Worth which is probably one the busiest head and neck onc/recon fellowships in the nation. My newly inaugurated fellowship in Dallas is a facial plastic and micro fellowship with additional facial trauma training. See insta @PlanoFaceDoc and @DallasFaceDoc

Masoud Saman, MD, FACS

I'm sorry, but who is Yadro Ducic and what fellowship are you referring to? Is it AHNS accredited? or FPRS? When I think of busy head & neck fellowship programs, MDA, Jeff, Miami, Penn, Washu, and others come to mind...unless you're referring to recon only?

I'm sorry, but who is Yadro Ducic and what fellowship are you referring to? Is it AHNS accredited? or FPRS? When I think of busy head & neck fellowship programs, MDA, Jeff, Miami, Penn, Washu, and others come to mind...unless you're referring to recon only?

He's FPRS and well known in that space as a busy recon fellowship.

To answer the OP, there's usually a few spots left over after AHNS match that are available to foreign grads. Foreign grads are not eligible for AHNS match, so the spots left over are competitive.