Headphones

Started by zak178
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

zak178

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Should you wear the headphones they supply at the test center? not wear anything or buy your own? Not sure what the best thing to do is
 
I like the earplugs, so I will be bringing a package for my exam. Last time I took it, the noise canceling headphones they gave us were really crappy. Too big and uncomfortable, I didn't bother with them.
 
i tried the ones at the center on but didnt use them. i didnt use any headphones or plugs during my practice FLs so i didnt want to change anything.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I tried the ones at the testing center for a bit and they worked well, but I could tell they would end up giving me a headache because they were tight (I have an abnormally large head 🙄). So I switched back to the earplugs I brought. I took all my FLs while wearing earplugs so I'd be used to them.

Might as well bring earplugs -- better to have them and not use them than wish you had them.

You can buy earplugs at nearly any grocery store pharmacy/Walgreens/Target/Wal-Mart and such. Get the highest noise-rated foam kind (not the waxy kind for swimmers).