Health care

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wasvsdal

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ive had to goto several doctors over the past two weeks..and heres one thing I noticed. Their first goal right of the back was to take tests.

Went to see a doctor cuz im std paranoid, and thought i had herpes (even though my sex life has been dormant lol)...guy said he couldnt tell me anything until he took a test. All i wanted to know if the **** on my face was a rash or if it was maybe something more. wouldnt even give his opinion - even the physical assistant told me thats it nothing to worry about but she didnt wanna give any opinion cuz shes not a doctor. cost: $250 as opposed to $75

Went to see an ENT..didnt have my test reports from a few years back..i told him that nothing has changed since, and i just wanted to know if anything could be done about my condition. he wanted me to run the tests again before he gave me any advice - cost: $400 as opposed to $75-100

Went to an orthopaedic yesterday..the physical assistant wanted to give me an xray before i even saw the doc. i said lemme see the doc first, and after that consultation..doctor advised i dont even need an xray. told me i simply have runners knee, and potentially a small fracture in my thumb..which would heal by itself and really an xray wouldnt help. cost: $100 but couldve easily been $250, had i not said anything.

Case in point: really inefficient. The current insurance system simply doesnt work because it allows doctors to step away from being cost-efficient.

What do u guys think? just trynna get a discussion going here haha

Members don't see this ad.

******ed post.

This should be moved to the pre-allo forum.

ENT: CT w/o contrast. Bills $2,000 and is allowed $700 (insurance)

Ortho: MRI or CT w/o contrast. Bills $2500 for the MRI and gets reimbursed $850 (insurance).

Family Medicine: A big set of laughs when you think you have herpes on your chin.

I'm starting the think that you don't understand our healthcare system. Those that have insurance get a much better deal than those w/o insurance.

Members don't see this ad :)
What is a "physical assistant"?

ahh, have you ever been to the doctor? the physical assistant is the one what assists doing the physical - you think docs have time to do a physical? they're too busy ordering tests, duh! we just got a bunch of history assistants too and next year we will be starting a SOAP assistant school next to our allied health building

According to me I think that taking proper care of our health is really important for us, well it is the treatment and prevention of illness, eating a healthy diet involves consuming appropriate amounts of all nutrients, and an adequate amount of water.

Take healthy meal like fruits,vegetables,milk,curd and also take juice and avoid junk or oily food and daily do exercise and avoid stress,also do yoga,mediation this way you care your health.

It is very necessary for everyone to take care of the health.An health care is done by exercising and Yoga.Yoga is very good for good health.Try to eat fresh fruits and the vegetables ,because these are very healthy and good for the heath.Do Yoga and other physical exercise these way you can take care of the health.

For health care you do daily exercise take healthy meal,take fresh fruits and vegetables,also do yoga or meditation this will improve your health.

For health care you do daily exercise take healthy meal,take fresh fruits and vegetables,also do yoga or meditation this will improve your health.

yeah you are right.. exercise plays a very important role...:)