Health of carer administering injection to minor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

asameabhair

Reaction score
Just wondering if there are any documented guidelines to the mental and physical state of non medical carers or parents administering medication by needle?

Sent from my INE-LX2 using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

Are there any guidelines to the physical and mental well-being of carers? For instance a carer suffering with bi-polar or an addiction should not be administering medication to a minor. Obviously medical professionals can't be addicts, suffer extreme mental illness etc. I'm trying to find medical documentation stating who can be a carer.

Cheers

Members don't see this ad :)
Are there any guidelines to the physical and mental well-being of carers? For instance a carer suffering with bi-polar or an addiction should not be administering medication to a minor. Obviously medical professionals can't be addicts, suffer extreme mental illness etc. I'm trying to find medical documentation stating who can be a carer.

Cheers

I feel like the language barrier is impacting our ability to understand your point.

I think they are asking if there are any guidelines on what medical conditions would preclude someone from being a caregiver (i.e. a person without formal medical training who assists a person in their activities of daily living including medication administration). I don't know that any such guidelines exist. There are so many variables at play, I have a hard time imagining a way to even make meaningful guidelines.