Heart attack from illness?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

caters

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
When Alma, Robin and Lisa's child gets sick with Viral TB(which is a virus I made to prove that these humanoids have a much stronger immune system than us), it starts off like the flu.

She gets a sore throat minutes after breathing in the virus. She then gets nasal congestion, tonsillitis, cough, and hours later, pneumonia. Some of what she coughs up infects her digestive tract. First her esophagus gets inflamed making it hard for her to swallow. Then her stomach gets upset and she gets nausea and vomiting. Her small intestine then is not able to absorb as well as it should so she gets diarrhea and malabsorption. Then she gets appendicitis and soon after, colitis which causes her diarrhea to be painful. Later on she gets rectal inflammation also known as proctitis. Last but not least her liver enlarges.

This is bad enough as it is but it gets worse. Some time later(1-2 weeks) the virus enters the bloodstream of one of her circulatory systems. But it doesn't cause vasculitis until much later(months later). Instead it floats to her heart causing chest pain, hypertrophy, and cardiomegaly. So one of her hearts gets bigger. This can cause her to be short of breath.

If it weren't for granuloma formation in this illness, she would die when her heart got infected from fluid loss due to pneumonia and diarrhea.

Anyway, I know that this means that she has a higher chance of getting a heart attack. However the fact that she has secondary coronary arteries from the opposite aorta supplying the infected heart with oxygen means it is much lower than it would be in a human with the same heart condition.

But I'm wondering what the actual chance of getting a heart attack with symmetric ventricular hypertrophy, chest pain, and cardiomegaly is. I imagine it would be low but how low? Low enough not to worry about MI at her young age?

In case you need a medical and family history, here it is:

Alma's History:
Healthy, a few stomach viruses and colds but other than that perfectly healthy

Now she and the rest of her family are a different species than us. They have 2 hearts and circulatory systems with the left one inverted so the left aorta is to the right of the left heart. Both aortae(Plural of aorta) have a branch that supplies the opposite heart as well as primary coronary arteries. So the right aorta supplies the left heart and vice versa.

Family history:
No history of heart problems. Grandparents died of disease but nothing related to the heart.

Members don't see this ad.

When Alma, Robin and Lisa's child gets sick with Viral TB(which is a virus I made to prove that these humanoids have a much stronger immune system than us), it starts off like the flu.

She gets a sore throat minutes after breathing in the virus. She then gets nasal congestion, tonsillitis, cough, and hours later, pneumonia. Some of what she coughs up infects her digestive tract. First her esophagus gets inflamed making it hard for her to swallow. Then her stomach gets upset and she gets nausea and vomiting. Her small intestine then is not able to absorb as well as it should so she gets diarrhea and malabsorption. Then she gets appendicitis and soon after, colitis which causes her diarrhea to be painful. Later on she gets rectal inflammation also known as proctitis. Last but not least her liver enlarges.

This is bad enough as it is but it gets worse. Some time later(1-2 weeks) the virus enters the bloodstream of one of her circulatory systems. But it doesn't cause vasculitis until much later(months later). Instead it floats to her heart causing chest pain, hypertrophy, and cardiomegaly. So one of her hearts gets bigger. This can cause her to be short of breath.

If it weren't for granuloma formation in this illness, she would die when her heart got infected from fluid loss due to pneumonia and diarrhea.

Anyway, I know that this means that she has a higher chance of getting a heart attack. However the fact that she has secondary coronary arteries from the opposite aorta supplying the infected heart with oxygen means it is much lower than it would be in a human with the same heart condition.

But I'm wondering what the actual chance of getting a heart attack with symmetric ventricular hypertrophy, chest pain, and cardiomegaly is. I imagine it would be low but how low? Low enough not to worry about MI at her young age?

In case you need a medical and family history, here it is:

Alma's History:
Healthy, a few stomach viruses and colds but other than that perfectly healthy

Now she and the rest of her family are a different species than us. They have 2 hearts and circulatory systems with the left one inverted so the left aorta is to the right of the left heart. Both aortae(Plural of aorta) have a branch that supplies the opposite heart as well as primary coronary arteries. So the right aorta supplies the left heart and vice versa.

Family history:
No history of heart problems. Grandparents died of disease but nothing related to the heart.

What???

The granuloma formation is essential for survival from illness. And I based the symptoms off of that of real TB but made there be some differences(like ventricular hypertrophy doesn't happen with cardiac TB but it does with this viral TB.

The reason I made them have 2 circulatory systems is so that there is more oxygen transport, even if 1 heart is diseased. This increase in oxygen transport is also why they have increased intracranial space along with more fluid flow out if the brain happens to swell. The reason 1 of them is inverted is to minimize turbulence within the arteries and veins as well as give them a more even appearance.

I am wondering what the chance of an MI is with this infection and double circulatory system(which I take to mean as 2 separate circulatory systems instead of the 2 routes from a single heart)

Status
Not open for further replies.