Heart failure 2023-2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

A.Real.Dreamer114

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Let’s go! Share experiences and interviews here.

Members don't see this ad.

So much silence the last week.

Let’s share experience! I applied broadly and got 10 interviews so far. any luck guys?

Members don't see this ad :)
Applied 30 places. 4 interviews so far.

Hey guys just to clarify- heart failure is non accredited fellowship right? And is there a way you can apply to heart failure simultaneously when you apply for the main cardiology match ?

Hey guys just to clarify- heart failure is non accredited fellowship right? And is there a way you can apply to heart failure simultaneously when you apply for the main cardiology match ?
No. Most HF fellowships are acgme accredited nowadays. There are probably some smaller programs that have non-accredited programs stil. You probably need to apply directly to those programs.

Applied to 23 , 7 Interviews so far. I rejection.

It is actually Advanced Heart Failure and Transplant Fellowship and you will need to apply after your cardiology fellowship.

Can we start a list of places where everyone has received interviews? I applied very limited

UCSF

Ok, Here I go.

Baylor
University of Texas
New York Presbyterian
University of Miami
Mayo Clinic Florida
Henry Ford
Montefiore

Reject
Massachusetts General

Great!

So heres the running list so far. Let's keep adding to it!

Baylor
University of Texas
New York Presbyterian
University of Miami
Mayo Clinic Florida
Henry Ford
Montefiore
Massachusetts General
UCSF
California Pacific Medical Center

I applied broadly (almost all) and I got 2 rejections so far (MGH: internally filled; Thomas Jefferson: not accepting visa). 19 programs have not sent invitations yet. Did anyone get interviews from Mt Sinai and NYU?