Helllpppp Meeee

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PreMeddie87

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Science GPA: 3.64
Cum. GPA: 3.67
Bio Major, Junior @ a Public University

Taking the MCATs in the summer
Have Research Experience, Job-Shaddow Experience, Worked at different jobs, Volunteered a lot in H.S.

I know my Application is weak... Any advice??:mad: :( :eek: :confused:

Moderator note: Identical thread posted multiple times, so closing this one.

Members don't see this ad.

Science GPA: 3.64
Cum. GPA: 3.67
Bio Major, Junior @ a Public University

Taking the MCATs in the summer
Have Research Experience, Job-Shaddow Experience, Worked at different jobs, Volunteered a lot in H.S.

I know my Application is weak... Any advice??:mad: :( :eek: :confused:

Issue one: learn to post only once.
Issue two: Nobody cares about your High School accomplishments unless they involved a Nobel or a Pulitzer.
Issue Three: Relax, your GPA is fine. And wait until you see your MCAT scores, which will tell you a lot more of where/if you should apply. Keep up the extracurriculars and start thinking about your letters of recommendation.

Yeah the general consensus here and from my advisor is to keep HS off the work/experience section of the app. But one idea that could work is mention it (briefly) as a very early indicator of your interest in medicine in your personal statement.

Above posts are right. Unless you want to make some mention of it in your personal statement or secondary essays, high school stuff pretty much stays out.

Status
Not open for further replies.