Hello everyone

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
P

PureBlue

Hey everyone, I am new to the boards (well not really). I have been a peeping tom on your conversations for the last year or so. I am a junior in undergrad working on a biochemistry major. I have been pre-podiatry since I started college. I am hoping to apply next year. My first year was a little turbulent and hence my GPA is only a 3.14. I am hoping to get that to at least a 3.2 at the end of this semester. My science GPA I would estimate to be 3.3-3.4 I haven't calced it yet. Anyways, do I seem to be on track for an acceptance next year? I just want to be realistic in my expectations. Thanks, and hello :)

Members don't see this ad.

As a fellow Nebraskan I'd like to welcome you to SDN and say "Go Huskers".

I think you have a great shot what is important is doing well on your MCAT. I would met w/ your advisor and discuss your weaknesses. Then get a MCAT book and bulk up on your weaker parts.

Excellent! Its good to see a Nebraskan as well. This year we CAN say "GO HUSKERS!" Maybe not so much in the last couple years :p Where did you do your undergrad Feelgood? As far as the MCAT goes, I have already gotten all the exam crackers books, but haven't been able to touch them since school started. I think I will bulk up and take the MCAT this summer.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone, I am new to the boards (well not really). I have been a peeping tom on your conversations for the last year or so. I am a junior in undergrad working on a biochemistry major. I have been pre-podiatry since I started college. I am hoping to apply next year. My first year was a little turbulent and hence my GPA is only a 3.14. I am hoping to get that to at least a 3.2 at the end of this semester. My science GPA I would estimate to be 3.3-3.4 I haven't calced it yet. Anyways, do I seem to be on track for an acceptance next year? I just want to be realistic in my expectations. Thanks, and hello :)

Welcome to the forum!

You say your cGPA is only a 3.14 right now but you had a rocky start. How have you done in the past year or two? If you have shown marked progress, you will look much better than if this 3.14 is the result of 3 years of 3.14.

Good Luck,

AZPOD Rocks

Well, my GPA has steadily increased since my first semester. I have increased from 3.4 to 3.7 and so on. I am trying to get at least a 3.7 this semester, but the difficulty of my classes I might get a 3.5 or something. Pretty much my worst classes were in things other than science. My lowest science grade was G-Chem my first year where I recieved a B- for both semesters. After that I got an A- both semesters in O-chem. And now, I am striving for an A in biochemistry and an A in analytical chemistry. Physics is a very difficult course here so I am hoping to get a B+ that is really my big challenge this semester.

Well, my GPA has steadily increased since my first semester. I have increased from 3.4 to 3.7 and so on. I am trying to get at least a 3.7 this semester, but the difficulty of my classes I might get a 3.5 or something. Pretty much my worst classes were in things other than science. My lowest science grade was G-Chem my first year where I recieved a B- for both semesters. After that I got an A- both semesters in O-chem. And now, I am striving for an A in biochemistry and an A in analytical chemistry. Physics is a very difficult course here so I am hoping to get a B+ that is really my big challenge this semester.

Keep up the good work. I am sure you will be fine!

AZPOD Rocks

By the way, Biochem. is great to have under you belt. I would also recommend histology and anatomy if you have a chance. They would be very helpful to getting you off to a good start in med. school.:)

Hey azpod, where are you from? I just interviewed in Az yesterday, and I must say, they went from my 3rd or so choice to a probable number 1. Very impressed with everything going on down there. What are your feelings about it so far. Thanks