Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey All,
I'm new here (been browsing the forums for a few weeks, but didn't registered until today) and just wanted to say hi to all my fellow pre-pharm students and wish them luck this admissions cycle!
I am a Community College student hoping to make it into pharmacy school without spending big bucks on a bachelor's degree. Right now I have a 3.82 GPA through about 35 credit hours and not much experience in the area of volunteering. However, recently I have been given the opportunity to tutor students at my college in math and science. This will be a paid job, and I will not take it unless the job will look good to the Adcoms (it will be a major pay cut from current job in retail).
So, here's my question:
Will tutoring students as a an employee of my college be a plus, minus, or neutral addition to my transcript? It will be a tough for me to transition to the tutoring position as I will be making a couple bucks an hour less, and I only want to take the job if it will help me get into Pharmacy School.
Thanks
I'm new here (been browsing the forums for a few weeks, but didn't registered until today) and just wanted to say hi to all my fellow pre-pharm students and wish them luck this admissions cycle!
I am a Community College student hoping to make it into pharmacy school without spending big bucks on a bachelor's degree. Right now I have a 3.82 GPA through about 35 credit hours and not much experience in the area of volunteering. However, recently I have been given the opportunity to tutor students at my college in math and science. This will be a paid job, and I will not take it unless the job will look good to the Adcoms (it will be a major pay cut from current job in retail).
So, here's my question:
Will tutoring students as a an employee of my college be a plus, minus, or neutral addition to my transcript? It will be a tough for me to transition to the tutoring position as I will be making a couple bucks an hour less, and I only want to take the job if it will help me get into Pharmacy School.
Thanks