HELP! 6 WEEK Study Plan?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futureMD4294

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I definitely messed up. I graduated this May from UGA and spent 2 months taking summer courses, traveling, and finding a hospital job. I landed a position in the OR! Now I am taking my MCAT on September 10th and applying to only Osteopathic schools. This gives me ONLY 6 WEEKS of MCAT prep from today. I have access to Kaplan material/ resources, EK book set, Khan, and some AAMC material. How should I schedule these 6 weeks? Should I only focus on one book set?? I know this MCAT prep is going to be like a full time job with over time, but I want to give it a shot this cycle. Worst case scenario, I just retake my MCAT next year and accept 2 gap years.

ANY ADVISE/ STUDY STRATEGY FOR THESE 6 WEEKS WOULD BE GREAT! :)
My Stats: Cum GPA: 3.65 , Science: 3.5 , Extra Curricular: Plenty, Med Exposure: plenty

Members don't see this ad.

If you must take the MCAT and apply this cycle, then the best use of your time would be to breeze through the content review (assuming you have a solid foundation) within 2 weeks and to focus the rest of the time on doing practice FLs and Khan Academy passages. If you don't have a solid science foundation, this will become very difficult very quickly. As you say, it's going to be busy - if you devote 3-4 hours a day to the content review and then block out time to do the FLs, it shouldn't be unmanageable - just very very tough.