Help a C/O 2020 Stanford student figure it out

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Where should I attend undergrad to help career prospects?

  • Wharton Healthcare Management

  • Stanford Human Bio


Results are only viewable after voting.

DaBosss23

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello all,

I have recently decided to study at Stanford (have not officially committed however) and I am essentially lost in terms of career decisions. I want to eventually be a Hospital CEO at a large, non-profit hospital, but I am unsure of how this can be accomplished. Would Stanford (Hum Bio + Econ) give me a leg up in hospital administration, or would Wharton's Health Management program do so? (I was admitted there too, money is not an issue at either location)

I also have a multitude of other questions:
1) Should I enter consulting straight out of undergrad? Or should I go directly into hospital administration?
2) What is pay like for a student straight out of a prestigious undergrad in hospital admin?
3) Are there any hospital CEOs/COOs/CFOs that can give me advice on how to reach the top?


I very much appreciate all the input. Please do not respond in an insulting manner, all useful advice is appreciated. Thanks very much!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dude, be patient. This is an unusual question, and not many people (including myself) know the answer. If you absolutely need to know now, I would try asking on the Medical Business board (Here) and see if they have any insight.
 
Hello all,

I have recently decided to study at Stanford (have not officially committed however) and I am essentially lost in terms of career decisions. I want to eventually be a Hospital CEO at a large, non-profit hospital, but I am unsure of how this can be accomplished. Would Stanford (Hum Bio + Econ) give me a leg up in hospital administration, or would Wharton's Health Management program do so? (I was admitted there too, money is not an issue at either location)

I also have a multitude of other questions:
1) Should I enter consulting straight out of undergrad? Or should I go directly into hospital administration?
2) What is pay like for a student straight out of a prestigious undergrad in hospital admin?
3) Are there any hospital CEOs/COOs/CFOs that can give me advice on how to reach the top?


I very much appreciate all the input. Please do not respond in an insulting manner, all useful advice is appreciated. Thanks very much!
Dont worry, ur life will be HUGEEEE. HUUUUUUGE.