Help a Canadian out!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shnitz

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone, just wondering if someone can chime in with some advice regarding which schools I should apply to...

A few caveats though:

I'm Canadian, so my options are limited to begin with
and
I'm a Msc student (finished from UofT)

My cumulative gpa is probably sitting at around a 3.90, while my science gpa is probably at 3.75.

My MCAT is 31S (10, 10, S, 11) (I did however write it 5 times - don't ask, alot of bad things happened..I have crappy luck.)

Lot's of awards, publications, volunteering (some international),

What do you think?

Members don't see this ad.

Not sure how they will consider writing the mcat 5 times as they weigh it much more heavily in the US

If they don't factor that into there decisins you would have an excellent chance at mid tier schools.....wayne state, georgetwon, george washington, jefferson. Some lower tier perhaps...wayne st. , rosalin franklin. It really is gonna depend on how they view the amount of times youve done the mcat....otherwise you have a very storng applicaiton

I think you have a good application and that you're bound to get in somewhere, esp cuz you have a grad degree and many publications. I suggest to play up the research in your essays, make sure to write down all you publications in the activities section.

5 times for MCAT will hurt, but IF it's a legit reason, maybe you could explain it under the special circumstances section that some school's applications have.

Add St. Louis University, Case Western (although ur mcat is a bit low) to the list. You'll have to apply broadly because you won't know how the 5x mcat affects you.

I'm Canadian too.