Help a dimwit with navigation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

quake

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Although I am a senior member, I still don't know how to post a graemlin or a quote. I'm pretty sure there is somewhere on this site I can find this info. However, I think it would be easier and less time consuming if someone told me. Thanks in anticipation.

Members don't see this ad.

Okay, both are pretty easy.

For graemlins: look below and to the left of the box where you write the message. There are many to choose from. Just click on your choice. :p

For quotes: directly under the message box, there is a column of buttons with the title "instant UBB Code". Pick "Quote"
and then type between the two things that appear (in this case the word quote in all caps with brackets around them.)•• You can use the cut and paste options to take a quote from someone elses post.

Have fun!

PS Do you know how to edit your post? Once it comes up on the page, click on the icon at the top of your post with a pencil on a piece of paper. You can then edit or delete your post.

Another way to do a quote is to click on the quotation marks icon (reply with quotes) above a post you want to reply to. That post will then appear in its entirety in the message composition box. You can then delete parts of it if you only want to reply to a certain portion of the previous post. And of course you add your own reply outside the quote brackets. Hope this helps.

Thank you guys so much, :D
This is really sweet, :D :D :p ;) :cool: