help about local anesthetic in WREB

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fmx89591277

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
during part of perio and operative in WREB, before we give local anesthetic to pt, do we need to get approval for administration of local anesthetic from floor examiner or grader?

thank you so much!

Members don't see this ad.

My experience is no as long as you don't need the floor examiner's approval to start due to a medical issue. I don't think this is specified in the manual, so I would check with the Chief Examiner at the orientation the day before the exam.

When we asked, they said no.

thank you so much. I saw the manual of wreb and it didnot say anything about it. so it looks like that we can give anesthesia without any action by examiner

I asked question because in our dental schook we need to get approval by faculty for any anesthesia for pt even they are healthy.

thank you again.:)

My experience is no as long as you don't need the floor examiner's approval to start due to a medical issue. I don't think this is specified in the manual, so I would check with the Chief Examiner at the orientation the day before the exam.

When we asked, they said no.