WREB Manikin - RTX Practice Teeth?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SweetBites

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am scheduled to take the WREB manikin exam 2 weekends from now. For those of you who are taking WREB manikin exam or have taken the exam in the past, did you guys invest in the RTX practice teeth to practice on? Or did you guys just practice on regular teeth then just hope for the best when it came to the actual exam? Any advice would be appreciated! Thank you!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all,

I am scheduled to take the WREB manikin exam 2 weekends from now. For those of you who are taking WREB manikin exam or have taken the exam in the past, did you guys invest in the RTX practice teeth to practice on? Or did you guys just practice on regular teeth then just hope for the best when it came to the actual exam? Any advice would be appreciated! Thank you!!
My school hosted a mock WREB for us where we had to buy these teeth, and it was definitely good practice. I didn't buy any to practice on, but some of my classmates bought multiple (they're pricey though!). Obv endo you can't practice without those teeth, but for operative I just practiced on regular Acadental teeth.
I took WREB 3 weeks ago and passed without retakes! Lmk if you have any other questions.

It's good practice especially for operative because the enamel on the teeth with simulated caries is more brittle and can chip off when using a margin trimmer. I don't think it's a must but it helps.

I bought two #9s and two #14s. One to explore around to feel the enamel/dentin/proximity to pulp/caries and one to give myself a mock WREB. I am really glad I did because it saved me on the actual exam. I don’t think you need to go crazy and buy a whole bunch, but I felt more prepared after practicing at least once because I haven’t cut a plastic tooth in like 7 years.