HELP!!!! accused of using phone during naplex

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmlate

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi!

I am so stressed out! I just took my Naplex today and during my 10 minute break I was coming back and putting my snacks in my locker with my back faced to the proctor. She then accused me of checking my phone. I wasn't. What do i do? She filed an incident report! Will I not get my score? Will I not be able to retake the exam? I am in delaware. Has this happened to anybody?

Thank you!

This happened to someone in my class and his status was suspended. The score was tossed out obviously but he wasnt able to retake for 3 years. I'm not sure if this happens every time to the accused but it happened to my friend..

Unless there was a camera facing in such a way that can _prove_ you didn't touch your phone during the entire testing period, it's really your word against hers. And hers wins. You could argue you never turned your phone on, but it's basically impossible to prove that.

The take home lesson is not to bring your phone at all (or any other electronic device) to the test site.

In the best case scenario for you at this point, they invalidate your score and let you retake it in a reasonable period of time. If the retake period is not reasonable (I've seen references to 3 months - reasonable, and 7 years - not reasonable), then you may have to try suing, and subpoena the phone company records to show your phone never accessed the cell/data network during the test period. That would be expensive and time consuming, and STILL wouldn't prove you didn't access any off-line data you might have kept stored on your phone.

Reactions: 1 users
This happened to someone in my class and his status was suspended. The score was tossed out obviously but he wasnt able to retake for 3 years. I'm not sure if this happens every time to the accused but it happened to my friend..

Thank you for the reply! Is your friend from California by any chance? I called the Delaware state Board and waiting for their response! Praying for a miracle!

Unless there was a camera facing in such a way that can _prove_ you didn't touch your phone during the entire testing period, it's really your word against hers. And hers wins. You could argue you never turned your phone on, but it's basically impossible to prove that.

The take home lesson is not to bring your phone at all (or any other electronic device) to the test site.

In the best case scenario for you at this point, they invalidate your score and let you retake it in a reasonable period of time. If the retake period is not reasonable (I've seen references to 3 months - reasonable, and 7 years - not reasonable), then you may have to try suing, and subpoena the phone company records to show your phone never accessed the cell/data network during the test period. That would be expensive and time consuming, and STILL wouldn't prove you didn't access any off-line data you might have kept stored on your phone.

Thank you for replying! Gosh, this really sucks! and you're absolutely right and I hate myself for even having a phone in my purse. Im hoping for a miracle! Hopefully I'll get in touch with the state BOARD tomorrow. Just want this nightmare to end

it's a 10 minute break...just go to the bathroom...take a sip of water and go back...why did you even go into your locker.

Reactions: 4 users
There is absolutely no reason for you to access your locker. Period.

Reactions: 2 users
Yeah, I took the whole test with no break. If I had taken a break I would certainly have gone nowhere near my locker. I had all of my NAPLEX preparatory material in the locker. That would have been very bad if I had gone over there.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think it is helpful to point out your mistake (tempting though it is), but I am not sure there is much you can do now. Maybe appeal to Pearson directly?

Maybe you could request the video from the trillions of cameras they claim to have in those test centers. Perhaps that could exonerate you somehow.

There's gotta be an appeals process and potential litigation or binding arbitration that you may have agreed to.

Reactions: 1 user
I didn't leave my chair once when I took it. No break, no nothing. I plugged away at it and left ASAP. My Gears of War clan had a big match that evening I needed to make.

Reactions: 4 users
They let you finish the test. That is the only positive I see in the whole thing. As mentioned earlier, 3-6 months to retake is the best you can hope for.

Even if you did look at your phone during the break, what good would it do you? The test doesn't let you review old questions so its not like you are looking up answers or anything.

Well hopefully you get off easy and get to retake in 3 months.

I think I was too nervous to leave the exam room for NAPLEX and CPJE, and I can hold my bladder like a camel anyway.

For BCPS I took a light jog around the building and used half my break.

I left my phone in my car. Why even bring it inside...

Thank you for replying! Gosh, this really sucks! and you're absolutely right and I hate myself for even having a phone in my purse. Im hoping for a miracle! Hopefully I'll get in touch with the state BOARD tomorrow. Just want this nightmare to end
I did the same thing. I want to die. I hope everything works out. But these posts are enough to make anybody go crazy with worry. Let me know what happens for you! I will do the same. Good luck my friend. :/

Don't stress, if it was at Pearson they will check the videos. The same thing happened to me, was completely cleared and my score was only delayed by a few weeks. I found out it was reviewed and cleared after less than a week, when I called the board directly, not pearson. Pearson just relays information, they don't make any judgements. Good luck!

I didn't leave my chair once when I took it. No break, no nothing. I plugged away at it and left ASAP. My Gears of War clan had a big match that evening I needed to make.

What was your GOW Clan Name? I will not mention my GamerTag or Clan Name because we were very notorious on MLG Circuit and Gamebattles for a time hahaha

Edit: If you still have the game, I just re-bought it for like $3 and have been playing a lot lately.

What was your GOW Clan Name? I will not mention my GamerTag or Clan Name because we were very notorious on MLG Circuit and Gamebattles for a time hahaha

Edit: If you still have the game, I just re-bought it for like $3 and have been playing a lot lately.

We didn't do pro leagues. We had a localish Morgantown/WVU competition with like a dozen groups.

I can't wait until the remastered version comes out for XB One. Then Fallout, MGS V, new Rainbow Six...busy fall for me!

I don't remember taking a break either.

Any update on this thread? Interested to see how it turns out.