Help! Anatomical Debate...

Started by Gunny
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Gunny

Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm screwed.

In less than 24 hours I've got to present an anatomical topic to my class, which they will then debate.

I'm for the motion:

"It is better to locate the urinary bladder in the pelvis than in the upper abdomen".


I'm working tonight, and am totally up **** creek!

Anyone have any ideas? Help a poor soul out? I'm not looking for you to do the work, I'm hunting on the net for info now but dammit, the internet is time consuming! 🙁

Any help appreciated...
 
Seems like you'd need to be arguing innervation, function, blood supply, embryology, location etc. I can't remember which one of these supports your side of the debate... but, I wouldn't think it would be too hard to find.
 
well i definitely think your argument will begin with a defect in development........the urinary bladder starts out as an abdominal organ, but later it will descend through a sort of differential growth/involution to become a pelvic organ. While "descending", the bladder should lose its connection to the umbilicus (leaving the leftover uracus with little to no patency at all)....perhaps another argument for your case would be that a maldescended bladder could possibly retain a patent connection to the umbilicus, causing urine to spill out of the belly button (which would, well, SUCK). Plus, i'm sure as tugbug said above, innervation/irrigation issues could also arise from the bladder or other organs that get affected by having the ectopic bladder present in the abdomen, but for that you'll have too look it up yourself. Hope this helps :horns: